Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 Tdci Any Issues

On Focus

Hi all.

Just purchased a 2004 Focus 1.8 TDCi 5 dr Ghia, with 69000 on the clock. not much service history, decent car, needs some TLC to the body, minor scratches and good clean inside. I do intend to take it to my local garage to have a full engine service , but mean while would like to know if anyone knows of any issues or anything to look out for with the this model.

Thanks.

EGR needs a bit of TLC on this model. give it a good clean and a boost on a dual carriageway/motorway for 20 mins holding at 3k revs. this will heat up the entire exhaust system and clean out the crap. you can do this by obviously using 4th gear to get 70mph etc.

tdci's are picky on oil changes and make sure the fuel filter has been replaced...you may notice a kangeroo effect if not.

check the turbo air hoses to make sure they are tight and secure with no splits in the bends etc.

other than that a solid model.

on a side note, im not sure if it was the mk1 or mk1.5 tdci but i hear there was an issue with some speedo clusters doing random things. apparently ford do a replacement for £90...not sure if they still do but its all over google etc.

Thanks John, Have had some run in's with a EGR valve before, but not on the Ford, it was with my Pajero, which after a little TLC has been sorted and runs real good now.

The only issue i have had so far is a rattle in the front area, certainly not from the engine, but possibly from one of the joints, perhaps needs a rubber replacment...

The Focus is going in for a full service Friday, so hopfully all will get sorted then.

blank off the egr if you can. as its having a full service it should run sweet. some of us use 200ml of 2 stroke oil into the fuel tank (tank full) to lubricate the pump and it quietens the engine too.

blank off the egr if you can. as its having a full service it should run sweet. some of us use 200ml of 2 stroke oil into the fuel tank (tank full) to lubricate the pump and it quietens the engine too.

Hi.

Just what i done with the Pajero..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club