Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need New Tyres S1600/metal/zetec S

Marcr1

It's time I changed both my front tyres as they're getting to the legal limit now.

At the moment they're all Bridgestone (from new) is it worth getting Bridgestone again? What would you do?

I've been quoted £112 a tyre fitted so £224.

What have you all payed for your tyres? I'm looking at 205/40 R17 84v

I looked at reviews for a few different tyres when I needed new ones last year, but one that got good scores for grip/wet grip/wear/etc (I think it may have been continental) had quite a few people saying the side wall was rather flexible so the car felt different on corners etc. In the end I just decided to buy the same as what the car already had (the Bridgestone Potenza I assume you have) - I was happy with them so thought it was safer to stick to what I knew rather than risk something different I may not like for whatever reason! I paid £238.16 for 2 fitted through blackcircles.com but I see they no longer do the same ones with the same load rating - looks like it's been replaced by Bridgestone Turanza.

Yeah mine are the Bridgestone Potenza. That's good to know they're a similar price.

I'm thinking the same, I quite like them and they've lasted well.

Cheers for the info :D

They lasted quite well for me too, got over 17.5k miles out of them. It's surprising how much more expensive low profile tyres are, you don't really consider it when buying a car but the same tyres for the standard 16" wheels are about £90 each!

I know! This is my first car with low profile tyres. Previous cars on 15" steelies were about £70 a tyre. My parents old bmw was the worst with those run flats they were about £160 each or something

I've been quite happy with the Bridgestones on my s1600, how many miles have you done marc1 before needing new front tyres??

I had continentals on my old mini, also low profile 17" and found they didn't wear very well.

Also small point but the Bridgestones wear tyre 'black/ tyre dressing really well, the continentals never did, never looked that black.

I've got just over 11,000 miles from mine but where I park my car at night involves a lot of turning and over time it's never going to help the tread. But it's more than I've had with previous cars and tyre brands

That's a good point you make though my bridge stones always look black and well kept. Something I've not had before with my tyres. They normally start turning brown and just look old

ive done really well then got 25k out of mine i motorway drive everyday x

I have Hankooks on mine, seem to work well, can loose grip in wet if really pushed, but not bad at all.

ive done really well then got 25k out of mine i motorway drive everyday x

Wow that's pretty impressive! Mine is solidly city driving with <200 motorway miles

I have Hankooks on mine, seem to work well, can loose grip in wet if really pushed, but not bad at all.

I had these on my punto, worked well for me. They were epic in the snow

Just recently tried Avon ZV5's with amazing traction. 195/45 16\s.

• Like 1

Just checked my front tyres, whilst washing the car, just like Marc1, my fronts are not far off needing replacing, I've done just over 11,000 miles. Didn't realise how worn they were, but I've noticed the car following the camber of the road a bit more, and wandering a bit, with the worn tyres that makes sense!!

Right the garage I was using have now said they can't get the 205/40 r17 84v but they can offer me the same with an W speed rating for the same price of £112 a tyre. Is this acceptable? And will I really notice a difference?

Thanks

Right the garage I was using have now said they can't get the 205/40 r17 84v but they can offer me the same with an W speed rating for the same price of £112 a tyre. Is this acceptable? And will I really notice a difference?

Thanks

V is rated up to 149mph

W is rated up to 168mph

You're actually getting a tyre that can handle faster speeds, should be fine ;)

• 1 year later...

New tyres s1600

hey guys very new to this, I have currently got toyo proxes t1-r, die for some new rubber so just putting out the feelers see what people recommend etc etc, personaly I really like the toyos yet the tyre rating is rather sh**t

If it was me I'd spend a bit more to get tyres with the best grip ratings, such as Bridgestone Potenza which is what the ST comes with. After all, the tyre is all that's in contact with the road, not somewhere you should be trying to save money in my opinion ;)

Take a look here at reviews http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Ford/fiesta-st.htm.

I had Potenza's on a Type R and didn't trust them in the wet.

Did you change to other tyres that you preferred? It seems strange that a tyre with the 2nd highest wet grip rating wouldn't be good in the wet, but I guess those ratings don't cover everything.

I have Continental sport contact 5s. they are the best tyres I have ever had. pricy though

I got 2 x Toyo T1R's on the front a few months back. £140 fitted for both. No worse than the Bridgestones so far. I'd have rather had the Avons for £10 more but they weren't in stock...

To be honest am not looking for budget tyres as I feel good tyres makes all the difference, my toyo t1-r feel grippy but the tyre ratings don't seem 5 good, stuck in a stupid dylema, stay with the tyres I know or take a chance lol thanks for the help guys this my first post kinda thing and it's good info 👍