Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lumpy, Bumpy Idle On 1.25 Zetec 2009

kpg

Hi all, saw a few other threads on this but not really a definitive answer.

My Fez, when idle, is quite bumpy. I noticed it only slightly when I got the car around Oct/Nov last year but now 6 months on it's definitely worse. Not drastic but definitely worse. It's really annoying me now. The car drives fine, no loss of power or anything, not that I notice, but it's just the idle is very bumpy.

Anyone have any solutions on how to fix it?

Thanks.

I've got the 1.25 Zetec 2012 but I haven't had this problem, could be an early build issue?

Mine is quiet at idle and no noticeable shaking of the engine if that's what you mean by bumpy?

I've got the 1.25 Zetec 2012 but I haven't had this problem, could be an early build issue?

Mine is quiet at idle and no noticeable shaking of the engine if that's what you mean by bumpy?

Whenever I'm sitting still in the car, in neutral, the car kinda 'shoves' every so often. Almost feels like it's about to stall then something 'shoves' the revs back up again but there's barely any noticeable movement in the rev needle. It's really annoying when sitting still in traffic or anywhere else.

I know i had a problem where the engine would cut out and they upgrading the firmware on the ECU and worked quite smooth afterwards. Try taking it to Ford and seeing if it needs updating.

Is there a possibility it could be the air con cutting in and out???

Regards Adrian

If its not a sticky Idle Control Valve it could be a dirty injector. Have you tried putting a fuel injector cleaner through it

I know i had a problem where the engine would cut out and they upgrading the firmware on the ECU and worked quite smooth afterwards. Try taking it to Ford and seeing if it needs updating.

The engine hasn't cut out on me yet but it always feels like it's about to.

Is there a possibility it could be the air con cutting in and out???

Regards Adrian

Nah it's definitely not the aircon. I never have it on. Too cold around these parts lol

If its not a sticky Idle Control Valve it could be a dirty injector. Have you tried putting a fuel injector cleaner through it

I haven't had the chance to try anything yet as it's away for repairs but how do you use a fuel injector cleaner?

Also could it be anything to do with the spark plugs or ignition leads?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club