Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta, Couple Of Issues!

keithy1987

Hey guys, just got me a new Fiesta, so thought this might be the place to go!

It's a 2004 Zetec 1.4, and it's been pretty good. However, there are one or two issues I've noticed.

The first (minor) issue, is that after even a comparably short drive, my discs get really hot. There's a fair bit of meat on the pads, just wondered if this is normal?

My other concern is the steering. I've gone from a mk4 golf to this fiesta, and it seems quite heavy in comparison. Not heavy like a non- powersteering car, not at all, just a little weighty (I felt) for such a small car. The other issue is that there seems to be an awful lot of road feedback coming through the steering wheel, so if the camber of the road dips slightly, the wheel will turn that way, or if I come to an uneven road surface, the wheel will wobble from side to side. Also, from about 70-75 mph, I get a bit of wobble in the steering wheel, after which it disappears.

The thing is, I've driven many, many cars in my time, but never a mk6 Fiesta (apart from one with a knackered power steering pump, that's another story!), so I don't know if these are things that are common on these cars, or if there's something wrong.

I'd really appreciate your advice, thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club