Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Oldbeforemytime

Ford Sony 6000 Cd Player - Bluetooth?

3 posts in this topic

Looking to buy this unit for my car (55 plate Ghia Estate), wanting to know if the unit has Bluetooth.

The guy selling it said "you will need to make sure the Bluetooth module is installed."

How do I do so? Will it be in the car or in the head unit?

Also, I'm looking to install speakers in the rear doors as the blanks are there but not the speakers. Is it easy and is it advisable to do this first?

Probably not worth it. I took the 6000 out of mine as it didn`t have the Bluetooth modules. I believe there is some info on the forum regarding cost and the upshot was to get an after market radio with all the bells and whistles.

the bluetooth module is a seperate module that I believe sits behind the stereo and plugs into it.

As leftathome said, best bet is buy an aftermarket one, you can pick them up from as little as £60 with bluetooth these days!