Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie With Focus Mk1

Josh.bapty

Hi everyone,

Just purchasing a focus mk1,

I'm 19, now I know what your thinking, going to be made to look awful and driven terribly, this isn't the case, I want to modify the car but not boy racer style, more of a luxury upgrade.

I has the cloth seats but ideally would like to upgrade it to the leather interior?

Would like to put a new dash in it maybe a carbon fibre style? Or just a newer one so it looks new?

Basically my goal is to have a rs equivalent (sort of not replica) but just taking some of the luxury bits you get with the rs,

Where is the best place to look for these kind of upgrades?

Cheers guys!

Josh

Hi welcome :)
  • Like 1

Thanks! :)

Where's the best place to look for interior upgrades? Interested in upgrading the interior to full leather?

Welcome to the family!

For interior upgrades, your best bet is to look on eBay or call around local scrappies. Then you can buy the parts there at a much better price.

Leather seats - shouldnt really be too much trouble to come across I wouldnt have thought. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XFocus+MK1+Leather+seats&_nkw=Focus+MK1+Leather+seats&_sacat=0&_from=R40 shows some a full set for £200, or less.

Dash - You might find that its difficult to find a newer one, so the best bet here is to do something like a carbon fibre wrap. Have a look in the modifications section and you will see a few examples of what people have done!

If you want POD gauges, they are also available, have a look at Preee's thread on a gauge that he put together, granted its a MKIII but it should give you idea's.

Other than that, things like the submarine lighting, installing footwell lighting, illuminated ignition barrel etc.

Theres plenty you can do, but bear in mind that when you do it, your insurance premium will be affected. I strongly suggest you contact your insurer and put the idea to them that you want to do X, Y and Z and see what prices they come back with for each. You may find its a good place to start, by speaking to Adrian Flux as they are speciailist in mods and young drivers and can often get you an excellent price!

Hi!

Thanks for the reply got some good ideas now!

I like the idea of the carbon fibre wrap, how easy is it to apply ?

And footwell lighting is a likely option to !

Wrapping isnt too difficult, you buy the sheets, clean the crud off the dash (try remove all dust as well as anything else) then you just stick the carbon wrap over the top.

If you can remove the dash - then you should, it makes life easier, otherwise you can do it with it in situ. You leave an excess of about 1 - 2 inches on all edges. You then just apply heat (haridryer for example) then that allows it to wrap.

There are proper tutorials on the web rather than my very basic description :)

Footwell lighting is an excellent mod, done it myself and was generally easy :)

Cheers ! Ill definitely get some for the dash! Wondering if it would look along the interior trims as well? Going to have to experiment and see !

And where did you get the kit for the footwell lighting ?

Well, I bought all of it from eBay! need a load of speaker wire, then 12v auto LED (strips), BUTT connectors (various sizes) and electrical tape :)

Would only need the led lights really got wire that would work for it :)

Can you get them to come on with the doors opening ? Then off as they shut?

Yeah, your two options are to install the illuminated ignition barrel and run the footwells of that (as I have done) or you can wire it directly into the courtesy lights loom and do it that way. but mine stay on for as long as the courtesy lights stay on after door open.

I looked up a few bits and apparently the focus's have the wires already in, all you need is the bulb holder and the bulb itself

Some cars yes, its best to buy the cheap bulbs first (or alternatively, as I believe those bulbs are already in your car (sidlight or courtesy light) just put one of those bulbs in the holder).

If it lights - great, buy the bulbs, if not, then just wire them in.

Okay will definitely look at this before wiring it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club