Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing A Steering Column - A Lock Question???

enzo

Trying to resolve a faulty steering lock at the cheapest possible price to get through an MOT on a MK6 Fiesta.

Found a lot of breakers doing a complete steering column for about £20 without the ignition lock and keys and £40 with ignition and keys.

Daft question time but how easy is it to remove my current ignition barrel and transfer to a replacement steering column??

I can't see it being that hard as you only have to take the top cover off, the real issue will be trying to get around the immobiliser, and you also have to remember the fact that the doors won't have the same key as the ignition, have you tried looking at it first to see if anything can be done to it?

Try to get one with the lock, but without the key and barrel , once it's installed all you need to do is turn the key in your old column to position 1 and using a small screwdriver locate the hole in the top of where the barrel sits and push downwards while pulling the barrel out, put that part into your newly acquired column and change over the black ring that surrounds where the barrel came from back into the car, connect all the electrics and you should be good to go

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club