Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Bulbs

Danny zetec

I am thinking of changing my main and dip beam bulbs with HIDs but I was thinking if I replace them both with 8000k HIDs will they both be the same or will the main beam still be brighter ?

Personally I wouldn't put HID's in the main beam, as they need a "warm up period" so won't be able to cope with flashes etc. if you put them in the dipped beam, just get some upgrade bulbs to 5-6000k for main beam so there's no yellow

They'll be a lot brighter, mine are. Don't go above 6000K, not a nice light really, look blue and the rozzers don't approve.

I have the 8000k ones and compared to a friends 6000k ones there's only a slight cool blue colour difference, depends on personal choice :)

have you lot use HIDs in both main and dipped or just dipped and a white halogen bulb in the main?

Just the dipped and a white halogen In main

nice one for all the advice

No problem :)

I had HID's in both, the flash is fine but the warm-up then kicks in on the main beams and makes it a pain when you need them for high beams. Bi-Xenons get around this problem by only having 1 bulb for dipped and main beam, which us Fiesta owners can't do I'm afraid.

think il just go for the HID in dipped and white halogen in main

have any of you put your car through MOT with HIDs in because I read that they cause problems on test

They'll fail the mot In a fiesta due to no self levelling and aftermarket kit etc, you'd have to just put the standards back in for the mot test :)

thanks for all the help il have a good think before going buying any

I'm thinking exactly same Danny.

Have settled on 6000k to match cree sidelights wonder if anyone has got a recommendation for which HID Kit to buy? I like the sound of the ones on autobulbs direct but they are £90before our discount. Those on eBay sell for £25 ish but many don't carry a brand. Any help appreciated.

DO NOT GET CHEAP ONES THEY WILL MELT YOU WILL DIE AND THE WORLD WILL END.

Cheap ones kill your wiring. I have these:

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h1-55w-new-smart-canbus-hid-kit-slim/

Had them for 2 years on 2 cars and they work great :P

Thanks Dave, that's a much better price. Can I just check though I thought dipped beams are H7'son the MK7.

Cheers, nearly payday so think I may well get a set of these, are they easy to fit, any wire cutting required or just plug and play?

You need to poke a hole in the rubber cover on the back and seal with some duct/electrical tape to keep water out, but aside from that they're not so bad.

The plugs can be a pain to get through the holders, but they do fit with a good push :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club