Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you could turn back the clock and re order

MichellefromEssex

What would you add/delete from your car, would you still choose the same colour and spec?

I would still be torn between black and white, if I had known about the mountune upgrade then I most definately would have gone for the black, I would still have chosen the zetec S as I love it, but I think I would have added the side skirts. I would have liked the ambient lighting now and would have chosen blue lights to match the blue interior. Other than that I am very happy with my lot.

Excellent Subject for thread, well done Michelle.

Well, when I ordered my car, I thought my dad was going to have it after 18months then the two of us were going to buy another so his taste and budget came into it. However if money no object as well, I would love the leather interior and maybe the reversing sensor (just for the pose value of them) and I would like the keyless start, which I did originally consider but was not practical for use with the leaner students. But I am so happy with everything about everything else on the car, the colour and spec I would never change. Top cars. 10 years ago I would have never belived Ford Fiesta could be so good. :D

I dont think i would change anything TBH, maybe would have gone for folding mirrors and/or auto lights but really not fussed cause in two years ill have a new one :D

Def a good topic though :D

You can tell I am bored out of my head stuck in bed with a bad back cant you? lol

Keyless start I wasnt too fused about as I was more worried about that going wrong and never being able to drive the car - but thats just me being a panic merchant!

I agree with the Fiesta being so good comment - I had a beloved xr2 which when I was divorced 9 years ago I had to sell to help pay for my little kiddies christmas presents and I always swore that one day I would have my little boy racer car back, so when I saw the wonderful ford advert I just knew I had to do what a girl has to do!!!

my only change would be to upgrade to the stero with USB, i got the free upgrade stero which had the aux

only a small thing, would change nothing else

Everything everyone has said so far are things i have/getting. Not trying to brag, I am just pleased becuase it seems like I made some rpetty good decisions. :D

Everything everyone has said so far are things i have/getting. Not trying to brag, I am just pleased becuase it seems like I made some rpetty good decisions. :D

Isnt that because you just ticked every box that was available on the order sheet?

Didn't have a lotta choice as the car was on the lot already built,that why I got a good price deal,but I guess i would have gone for the leather,,and climate control,but thats about it really, not into body kits myself, I like more of the interior comforts would have had lekky rear windows if they did them on my model, but as I said already built .maybe next time.

Oh BTW. sorry to hear your not well Michelle ,havn't been here for a week or so didn't know you were immobile.I know what bad backs are like ,being tall i get twinges that make you fall over......not nice..best wishes and get well soon

Kristal

Didn't have a lotta choice as the car was on the lot already built,that why I got a good price deal,but I guess i would have gone for the leather,,and climate control,but thats about it really, not into body kits myself, I like more of the interior comforts would have had lekky rear windows if they did them on my model, but as I said already built .maybe next time.

Oh BTW. sorry to hear your not well Michelle ,havn't been here for a week or so didn't know you were immobile.I know what bad backs are like ,being tall i get twinges that make you fall over......not nice..best wishes and get well soon

Kristal

I get that, I think the technical term is alcohol. :D

I get that, I think the technical term is alcohol. :D

OOOOHHHHHHH yes..amarula ..................duty free.........................LOL ;)

Kristal

Less chance of regretting anything if you havent had to pay for your own car, sacrafices have to be made by most when buying their cars.

It's basically my money, so lets not go down that route, eh?

Oh, I thought from one of your earlier threads that your parents were paying for it..............

You can tell I am bored out of my head stuck in bed with a bad back cant you? lol

Keyless start I wasnt too fused about as I was more worried about that going wrong and never being able to drive the car - but thats just me being a panic merchant!

I agree with the Fiesta being so good comment - I had a beloved xr2 which when I was divorced 9 years ago I had to sell to help pay for my little kiddies christmas presents and I always swore that one day I would have my little boy racer car back, so when I saw the wonderful ford advert I just knew I had to do what a girl has to do!!!

Sorry to hear about your back--Janet suffers from back trouble sometimes---mind you her front's not that good either! :D

Seriously though, it's a good question and one that I've considered recently.

If I'd known about the power upgrade I probably would have specced it along with the usb connection but that's all.

I'm really pleased with the car and have to agree with yours and Steve's comments about how good these new fiestas are.

Some years ago I had an XR2--great little car--my pocket rocket--but it was sooooo basic compared to the new ones!

Still, as I'm sure you'd all agree, they were great fun to drive!!!

Oh, I thought from one of your earlier threads that your parents were paying for it..............

They are paying for it technically, but If I hadn't had this as my 21st present they would have gave me the £10,000 instead. I'm paying the rest over and above £10,000 (£3,244 remaining). So, although they are paying, its technically (i supose) my money.

I also worked over summer on Kingsnorth Powerstation in Kent (neer Michelle) and got a bucket load of money, which I could of used to buy the car If my dad hadn't offered. £15,000 in 8 weeks isn't bad, eh? Unfortunately some of the money got spent on the esentials, such as clothes, computer stuff and most importantly toys (such as my latest investment - A £100 flying mini-helicopter!)

Boys and their toys, eh?

They are paying for it technically, but If I hadn't had this as my 21st present they would have gave me the £10,000 instead. I'm paying the rest over and above £10,000 (£3,244 remaining). So, although they are paying, its technically (i supose) my money.

I also worked over summer on Kingsnorth Powerstation in Kent (neer Michelle) and got a bucket load of money, which I could of used to buy the car If my dad hadn't offered. £15,000 in 8 weeks isn't bad, eh? Unfortunately some of the money got spent on the esentials, such as clothes, computer stuff and most importantly toys (such as my latest investment - A £100 flying mini-helicopter!)

Boys and their toys, eh?

But that's the thing mate. You say that as if it's nothing.

Everything I have whether it be my house, BMW M3 or the Fiesta I have bought with our money earned by myself and the wife. I have never been given a "present" to the value of anything near that off my parents or anybody else and I would imagine I'm in the majority here. What's more, I'm not so sure I would want to either.

What you have to remember is, that people like me, who have worked hard, every year since leaving school 25 years ago and have never had a kick start like that, feel the way you talk about money, shall we say, makes you sound a bit conceited and spoilt. You may not think you do, but you're obviously from a background that you wouldn't know any different. You seem to start a new topic at least once a day, for whatever reason as if you need the attention. There's a certain pride about earning and acheiving your way through life that you will never have by getting things handed to you on a plate. Doing this, you can't fail to come across as a spoilt kid at times, so don't be surprised if people don't pick you up on it.

Yes, it's your life, your money, but a bit of humility about the way you talk about it wouldn't go amiss.

Knowing what I know now about pearlescents I think I would have gone for a metallic finish instead. Other than that the car is excellent. As some of you may know the car was scratched around the rear number plate and a very small depression put in the body just about the inside rear wheel. Nobody sees them as they are very, very small but I'd rather they weren't there after just 3 weeks of ownership. A couple of paintshops I spoke to (just for ideas to fix) wouldn't quote as it was pearlescent. I even went to a Ford bodyshop and they said they'd probably put more imperfections into the paint whilst they were trying to paint over the scratches :rolleyes: It's probably always best to leave factory paint alone. It's still a brill car though. :lol: It surprises me just how well it handles. I recently owned a Civic Type R GT and I compare the Fiesta to that - it's that good. :o

I don't realy think you know enough about myself, my feelings or my background to make such assumptions. I appoligise if I come accross as a concited little brat, but its certainly not how I am in real life.

I am only 21 years old, so cannot say I have worked exceedingly hard, as I have been in full time education the majority of my life. I have however worked extreamly hard during this time. I acheived streight A's at GCSE (and was predicted much less) and for A level predicted B,C,D and got A,A,B due to nothing more than hard work, as I wouldn't have got such results without 6 hours per day of revision.

So I come from a priverlaged background, I admit that, but I CHOSE to go to public school over private as I didn't want to pay my way through life. I work extreamly hard in University, managing to get a 1st class honours in my first year despite my predicted grades.

Regarding the feeling of my father paying for the car, I have offered and offered to pay for it myself, as I could do with the money I have earned. However he insists that its his present to me. I in no way take money for granted, and am not spoilt despite what some of you may think. I understand the importance of earning your own money and adeer to my own beleifes and such.

And for the record Im not posting new topics to get attention I'm posting them because I'm excited as a 20 year old guy who is getting his first new car! And I'm a computer Scientist - So I'm on the computer the majority of the day - consuquently spending alot of time on here and alike.

Personally, I don't care if you got a kick start etc - Thats not what this forum is about. Its about Fiesta enthusiasts meeting in a common place to talk about the car and its features. I appologise again if the way I talk about my money is demeening or lacking in humility, but I certainly am not. I find it insulting and unfortunately unsuprising that you can tell so mcuh about someone through posts made on a forum.

You can think of me what you like... At the end of the day I don't care; I don't mean that in a derogitry way, but you seem to resent me for being given the present.

For the record, not that its any of your concern, I run the marathon every year for help for heros, help out at many charitable events round my area and also set up fund-raising events for various charaties. So please don't tell me that I don't appriciate money and take it for granted.

To conclude, Its pretty pathetic that a forum created for people to come to celebrate a great car has to be divided by rediculous bickering about how such people get their cars and how they are pecived by others. In future it would be appriciated If you could just keep it to yourself, as this simply isnt't the place.

I fully appreciate how excited you are - I think it's maybe just sometimes the way you come across. I don't think you need to explain yourself.

On a separate point I'm a wee bit worried bout what Truly has said about the pearlescent paint. Nine cars in my wee culdesac have been keyed over the last few months (my last Ka included). It sounds like it will be a major disaster if the little sh*ts do it again!

Aside from all that I love the car - and so glad I bought it before the April increase otherwise it would have been out of my budget :)

I just think it's the way you say some things sounds really like you are above the rest of us!

And there is nothing wrong with going to a private school, my parents could no way have afforded it but my grandparents paid for me to go. I didnt turn out a brat and I appreciate what I have.

I am 2 years younger than you.Earn less than the amount you earnt in 8 weeks in a year, I'm paying for my car myself. All we seem to hear is how your parents are paying for it.

There are people a lot less fortunate that us in the world. Even I feel guilty I have bought a new car in the height of a recession were many people are struggling.

Rant over. Just consider others feelings when you go on about your car, you've every right to be excited, like all of where, but it does come across like you think your better than everyone else all the time, and that's not a good quality to have.

poohbear

I don't realy think you know enough about myself, my feelings or my background to make such assumptions. I appoligise if I come accross as a concited little brat, but its certainly not how I am in real life.

I am only 21 years old, so cannot say I have worked exceedingly hard, as I have been in full time education the majority of my life. I have however worked extreamly hard during this time. I acheived streight A's at GCSE (and was predicted much less) and for A level predicted B,C,D and got A,A,B due to nothing more than hard work, as I wouldn't have got such results without 6 hours per day of revision.

So I come from a priverlaged background, I admit that, but I CHOSE to go to public school over private as I didn't want to pay my way through life. I work extreamly hard in University, managing to get a 1st class honours in my first year despite my predicted grades.

Regarding the feeling of my father paying for the car, I have offered and offered to pay for it myself, as I could do with the money I have earned. However he insists that its his present to me. I in no way take money for granted, and am not spoilt despite what some of you may think. I understand the importance of earning your own money and adeer to my own beleifes and such.

And for the record Im not posting new topics to get attention I'm posting them because I'm excited as a 20 year old guy who is getting his first new car! And I'm a computer Scientist - So I'm on the computer the majority of the day - consuquently spending alot of time on here and alike.

Personally, I don't care if you got a kick start etc - Thats not what this forum is about. Its about Fiesta enthusiasts meeting in a common place to talk about the car and its features. I appologise again if the way I talk about my money is demeening or lacking in humility, but I certainly am not. I find it insulting and unfortunately unsuprising that you can tell so mcuh about someone through posts made on a forum.

You can think of me what you like... At the end of the day I don't care; I don't mean that in a derogitry way, but you seem to resent me for being given the present.

For the record, not that its any of your concern, I run the marathon every year for help for heros, help out at many charitable events round my area and also set up fund-raising events for various charaties. So please don't tell me that I don't appriciate money and take it for granted.

To conclude, Its pretty pathetic that a forum created for people to come to celebrate a great car has to be divided by rediculous bickering about how such people get their cars and how they are pecived by others. In future it would be appriciated If you could just keep it to yourself, as this simply isnt't the place.

I'm not having a go at you, what I'm trying to say is, you will get people who feel that way because they only know about you from what you write on here, that is the only perception people can gain from you. None of us know you personally and more than likely you are a great lad, but never forget, all we know is what you say and that is all we have to go off, so if you come across as spoilt, that's what people will think, simple as.

If you want to get really picky, I don't recall you thanking me for going to the trouble of explaining Deal Drivers to you on numerous occasions, or that I could be bothered sending you a Private Message to try and put you and your mums mind at ease over them, you couldn't even be bothered to reply to that message. But it didn't stop me trying to help you do it. Plenty people have helped you on here, but your gratitude to them has been lacking at times. If anyone answers a question I have asked, the first thing I will say is thanks, it's just natural.

Again, this is how you come across, how you're portrayed by yourself and you only have yourself to blame if people pick you up on it. I was trying to show you the error of your ways and why I think that people have continually had a pop at you since you joined as you can't seem to fathom out why. Again, another piece off advice, nothing more, nothing less.

I appriciate the comments, but iv'e mentioned my father buying the car once or twice. Once in the first thread and again when discussing wether to have the Interior pack 2.

Again, I appoloigise if i'm coming across as a prick, but i'm not bragging or anything of that nature. I certainly don't feel above the rest of you... If anything i'm envious as you already have your little beautiful fiesta's and I don't :( lol. But I understand waiting is part of the process.

I appologise again if I come accross spoilt, and will think more carefully when writing on here. However I won;t appologise for the number of topics I'm posting, as thats part of the forums. For the record I've tried to keep the issue of my father paying out of this forum becuase I understand how it may make some of you feel, but it seems to keep being brought up by others. I don't want to be disliked, but I have been thinking about what to say and how it comes across to others.

In honesty, I didn't reply to your PM because of the way you sent it. "I seem to have sent this 10 times now, so for the last time..." Just seemed a little snotty. Seems like people are constantly having a pop at me regardless of what I say. I have concidered complaining but simply can't be bothered - its not important enough to go to the hastle.

I have helped people as much as they have helped me. Also, I didn''t reply with thanks to the origional deal drivers thread because there was so much (needless) contraversy about it all.

Again I'm sorry if I give the impression that I'm above you all, but to put it simply - I am.

only joking, of cause I feel like I'm most probably lower than equal with most of you - I'm a 20 year old uni student and the majority of you are working adults with kids my age. Iv'e been brought up to respect my elders and its somethihng which I beleive in strongly - But when people start taking 'pops' at me then i'm naturally going to defend myself.

I think the whole issue of who's paying for it etc should be just left alone, and concentrate more on the topics which others and I have posted regarding real quiestions, not the money factor. I repeat: I have only ever posted 2 topics related to money. And not drawn them out any longer than nececery.

I want to get along with all of you, as this is obviously the prime place to meet new friends with common interests... but I feel I can't say anything now without someone having a go about it.

Look for example where this whole argument started from:

Isnt that because you just ticked every box that was available on the order sheet?

I stated that I wasn;'t trying to brag and I was simply pleased that some of the things people say they would go for are things I have included - peace of mind factor. Yet it still got a negative responce. OK so I can see how it could be portrayed as a snotty little kid who's got everything he wants.. becuase daddy's paying for it, but I paid for all those extra options myself.

Not that It's realy any of anyone's concern how I get my cars - As I said this isn't the place. Its a forum where people can talk about the fiesta.

Finally, I'm sorry if anyone has took anything I have said the wrong way, and I would like to take this oppertunity to thaank everyone who has helped me. Can we not just close this now and put it all behind us? I'd appriciate it, and I'm sure the other forum users don't want constant bickering in the threads.

Thanks guys.

Oh dear i didnt start this thread for arguments, but I can see both sides of the story here, I dont like to slate anyone but Jar I do feel a little sad when I read your thread that at your age you are getting a brand new car, when my OH is now nearly 35 and only just having his first brand new car even though he works 7 days a week from dawn to dusk and myself 5 days a week. What saddens me the most is that I had an "D" reg xr2 which was my pride and joy, but after my ex husband left me for someone else and forced me on the poverty line, I had to sell it to enable me to give my children a christmas, luckily circumstances change and we are in the position now to be able to afford the luxury of a new car we both want and also the upgrad - which is being paid for out of compensation from a nasty car crash my OH was involved in last year.

But I would hope that one day I will be able to afford to help my children out with their first cars - my Daniella is 17 in July and has sent off for her provisional this week, so its not going to be too long that I will be looking for a nice little cheap run around for her, if I was in your parents position I too would probably be able to dig a bit deaper and buy her something better.

I know your excited, I am excited too about weds upgrade and feel I have gone on and on about it, but like you said its a fiesta forum and to discuss all things related.

Bashful - we had our tigra keyed a few years back - every sodding panel they did, claimed on the insurance and it cost thousands for repair. We now rent 2 garages in a block by us at a cost of £85 a month just to enable both vehicles to be kept safe.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club