Do Not Sell My Personal Information

changing my 6cd changer?? HELP PLEASE!!!!

gilb-fezzy-01

Hello Everyone!!

I have got a 2001 fiesta black with the 6 CD changer, does anyone else have problems with theres? Mine says CD ERROR all the time, some cds work occasionally but some just wont work at all, and when they do they skip like mad! There is nothing wrong with my cds as most are brand new! I have a old ripspeed DVD/CD head unit from my old Saxo and I am thinking of trying to put this in as my 6 CD changer is driving me mad!

I can see that it is going to be a lot harder to change than it was in my Saxo because of the size of the thing and that it is not a after market head unit! Anyone changed theres? Any idea how much it would cost me to get some to change it for me, is it even possible?? Any ideas how I can stop my CD player messing around?

I am really pleased with my new car but for this, it is really frustrating me as I love music, especially when driving as im sure lots of you do!

Any help is, as ever, much apprecited! thank you guys!

Hello Everyone!!

I have got a 2001 fiesta black with the 6 CD changer, does anyone else have problems with theres? Mine says CD ERROR all the time, some cds work occasionally but some just wont work at all, and when they do they skip like mad! There is nothing wrong with my cds as most are brand new! I have a old ripspeed DVD/CD head unit from my old Saxo and I am thinking of trying to put this in as my 6 CD changer is driving me mad!

I can see that it is going to be a lot harder to change than it was in my Saxo because of the size of the thing and that it is not a after market head unit! Anyone changed theres? Any idea how much it would cost me to get some to change it for me, is it even possible?? Any ideas how I can stop my CD player messing around?

I am really pleased with my new car but for this, it is really frustrating me as I love music, especially when driving as im sure lots of you do!

Any help is, as ever, much apprecited! thank you guys!

hi

cant answer your question on the 6 disc error but the ripspeed cd will fit.

purchase a plastic filler which turns your 6 disc hole into a single play

you can get these from ford, Halfords or a car audio dealer for about £15 i belive your unit has standard iso connector so should plug straight in.

you have to took all the other rca connectors to the corner when sliding unit in as theres not much room but it will fit...

all the best

jay

hi

cant answer your question on the 6 disc error but the ripspeed cd will fit.

purchase a plastic filler which turns your 6 disc hole into a single play

you can get these from ford, halfords or a car audio dealer for about £15 i belive your unit has standard iso connector so should plug straight in.

you have to took all the other rca connectors to the corner when sliding unit in as theres not much room but it will fit...

all the best

jay

Nice one mate, will look to buy one then, really fed up with CD ERROR! lol

Nice one mate, will look to buy one then, really fed up with CD ERROR! lol

it might be that just your laser lens need cleanig , when you say cd error , does it have any numbers after it , if your not familiar with it i will guide you through it , let me know, cheers.

it might be that just your laser lens need cleanig , when you say cd error , does it have any numbers after it , if your not familiar with it i will guide you through it , let me know, cheers.

It loads up and takes ages, say about 60 seconds, when usually it will start playing after 10 seconds. Then after this 60 seconds of random noises it just says "cd error" ........... no number or anything at all. Some cds will work 60 % of the time and some just 2% of the time. Its so anoying. It doesnt matter what slot the problem cds are in, but as i say they are brand new and work perfectly on my cd player in my house. Really stumped to what I can do to be honest, I just want to be able to listen to my new cds! What would you do mate because cleaning wont help i dont think as I can use the slot that wont work with a cd that will fine, if that makes sense.....

It loads up and takes ages, say about 60 seconds, when usually it will start playing after 10 seconds. Then after this 60 seconds of random noises it just says "cd error" ........... no number or anything at all. Some cds will work 60 % of the time and some just 2% of the time. Its so anoying. It doesnt matter what slot the problem cds are in, but as i say they are brand new and work perfectly on my cd player in my house. Really stumped to what I can do to be honest, I just want to be able to listen to my new cds! What would you do mate because cleaning wont help i dont think as I can use the slot that wont work with a cd that will fine, if that makes sense.....

have you ever taken the unit out of the dash ? and do you still have the code, and have the removal keys to remove it, i will show you with pictures if you want to have a go at taking the inside out , let me know mate. it's not hard. it won,t do any harm to clean your lens too.

have you ever taken the unit out of the dash ? and do you still have the code, and have the removal keys to remove it, i will show you with pictures if you want to have a go at taking the inside out , let me know mate. it's not hard. it won,t do any harm to clean your lens too.

Dont worry about the pics mate, yer i took my old one out of my saxo but that was easy, the fiesta will be harder because of the size of the whole unit as the 6cds all go in the front!

I noticed this morning, the screen reads "CD ERROR E4"

Do you know what this means? I'l try get my hands on a cd cleaner disc anyway to see if it helps, dont think it will though..

Dont worry about the pics mate, yer i took my old one out of my saxo but that was easy, the fiesta will be harder because of the size of the whole unit as the 6cds all go in the front!

I noticed this morning, the screen reads "CD ERROR E4"

Do you know what this means? I'l try get my hands on a cd cleaner disc anyway to see if it helps, dont think it will though..

yes it cant read your cd's , you should try and clean the lens first, this might help

http://www.fixed4free.com/answers.php?id=71513

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club