Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Back Box And Plastic Spraying

Jackmcgarry95

So tomoro I'm painting the rear diffuser an the front grille gloss black, firstly do I need to remover the diffuser or just mask round it ?

Secondly should I use primer before hand or just spray 2-3 coats of the black as their already that matte colour ??

Also does anyone know where I can order a back box or a Tail pipe extension for the exhaust so it comes under the diffuser like the montune/milteck?

I can't afford a full exhaust

I would remove it if it was me, depends how much work you want to do.

As for primer, if the plastic is currently unpainted then a special plastic primer is essential or the paint won't adhere properly, and the plastic needs sanding first to remove any texture

Not really a job for diy, as been said you need adhesion promoter for the paint to stick to plastic, if you don't use it the paint will peel, really needs to be painted in two pack, or water based paint in an paint booth.

cheers ian

Think it will be difficult to get a tail pipe extension as the exhaust bends down rather than being straight so extension would look a bit odd. If you do manage to find one that does fit OK post pictures as I would be interested in it as well.

Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna have a go at painting the front grill that was originally on the car ( Asian one on the car ) and see how it goes, then if its alright ill paint the diffuser

If not ill buy the ST one and get the extension..

Was quoted 200 and 160 from two different places today to get it sprayed properly and the STs cheaper to buy

Ill post in the next weeks what's happened..

Also just ordered carbon fibre wrap for the Interior plastics.. So this should be interesting :/

• 6 months later...

Did you spray the rear diffuser? And if so how'd it go? Interested in doing it

Just bought a tip exactly like that on the weekend, should arrive tomorrow and fitting tomorrow night :)

Just bought a tip exactly like that on the weekend, should arrive tomorrow and fitting tomorrow night :)

Let me know how you get on with it :) might get one

Well a bit annoyed as the tip doesn't fit, it is the wrong angle and wont sit under the diffuser :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club