Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Strange Orange Light?

exponential

Hi guys.

I've posted a lights off and lights on situation and just wanted to know what it was.

The light comes from just next to the security sensor in the curtesy light next to the windscreen.

Its an orange/red light. I don't mind it actually, think it looks pretty good but just wondered what its purpose was??

post-46014-0-00059300-1378501125_thumb.j

post-46014-0-29790500-1378501159_thumb.j

post-46014-0-99575800-1378501190_thumb.j

The light comes from what looks like a flathead screwdriver slot in the first picture.

It comes out of both sides (symetrical) just that I only took a pic from the drivers side...

Lol its your 'ambient' lighting. If you park up somewhere dark with your lights on, you'll notice a nice warm glow around your gearstick and surrounding areas. Not all models have this, so feel lucky :-)

• Like 3

You're quite lucky to have that fitted as standard.

Those lights go for silly money on eBay (if they ever come up at all).

I had a hell of a job finding mine.

Brigante had to go through a re-wiring nightmare to get his workin.

Jammy Goit. ;)

• Like 1

Lol its your 'ambient' lighting. If you park up somewhere dark with your lights on, you'll notice a nice warm glow around your gearstick and surrounding areas. Not all models have this, so feel lucky :-)

LOL - "a nice warm glow around your gearstick and surrounding areas"

So I got me a doggin' light fitted as standard by ford....... not my thing but good of ford to offer it for the "outdoorsy types".

Nah, I like it, it does give off a pleasant glow.

Lights up the cabin nice. :)

You're quite lucky to have that fitted as standard.

Those lights go for silly money on eBay (if they ever come up at all).

I had a hell of a job finding mine.

Brigante had to go through a re-wiring nightmare to get his workin.

Jammy Goit. ;)

Really? I didnt realise such a small addition could be so difficult to retrofit!

I wouldve thought that it came as standard but obviously not.

How much do they go for (not like im wanting to get rid that is)!

Going to check etis to see what it comes up as....

Im never lucky or jammy but im glad i am in this case! :)

Ford price for them can be £80 for standard style lights with the ambients fitted to £120 for uour type with the internal alarm sensors.

Standard ambients is just one extra wire run down to the headlight switch but it's the case of finding the right wire to connect to.

With Brigantes light the LED's or resistors were duff so he had to totally replace the LED's, resistors and wiring.

Ford price for them can be £80 for standard style lights with the ambients fitted to £120 for uour type with the internal alarm sensors.Standard ambients is just one extra wire run down to the headlight switch but it's the case of finding the right wire to connect to.With Brigantes light the LED's or resistors were duff so he had to totally replace the LED's, resistors and wiring.

Wow! Thats a lot of money for such a small addition to the centre lights!

Yeah, I can imagine it being difficult to figure out which is the correct switchwire. Its hard enough in my job as a spark figuring out how someone else has wired something so I imagine a loom in a car would be a tough job.

You would be gutted if after doing so much you found that a little groups of resistors were at fault for not being able to finish a job without having to buy a load of new equipment!

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if you could do the same job with an SMD, speaker wire, your ignition relay and a lot of patience... lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club