• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: mk4 1.8 tdci
  • Year: 2007

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

Hello everyone.

I had this problem last year once when the instrument panel has shown no display but engine started runs and car drives, indicators, lights are working just no power whatsoever on display, than when its feel like its coming back to normal. As I said its happened last year and its happening again now. Has anyone any idea whats causing it has it happened to any other mondeo? Is it some sort of common electrical connection that I could check and fix?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stooge75

stooge75

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo tdci zetec

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

have you tried removing the unit to see if the multiplug is loose?

#3 mondeo lover

mondeo lover

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: mk4 1.8 tdci
  • Year: 2007

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

I had the AA out as its not even started the next day and after a good check around the car from the mechanic, he ended up giving a smack on the top of the dashboard and all come back to normal. It is some sort of electrical connection problem I have been told

that drains the battery too. Been told taking off the dashboard is a big and expensive job as the air con is not working due to some sort of electrical problem and that cable is behind the dashboard too, so both could be investigated at the same time.

Is it really a big and expensive job to take the dashboard off? or I could do it DIY?

Any suggestions welcome.

#4 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Seems a bit extreme to have to take the dash out , i'm sure you can remove the cluster from above the steering wheel  , if it's the same as Focus and Fiesta , pull the panel just infront of the cluster out there you should see 2 screws , then ther cluster should pull out.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users