10 replies to this topic

#1 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

So coming down the bypass late last night, or very early this morning... the road is covered in water an torrential rain lol ok i blame myself maybe for going to fast in the wet, but came of the motorway an onto the slip road and applied the brakes and it just skidding along, i ended up sideways looking down the slip road with a punctured tyre and now car is on the back of lorry awaiting to go into ford for two new tyres...

im all good thou.. just thought id let u all know of the dangers of driving to fast in the wet!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 centamin

centamin

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Ford Model: on order fiesta 2009 1.6d titamium
Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

oh bugger!! :o did it scare ya abit.....

#3 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Jesus man!

You all ok? and more importantly your car ok? :lol:

#4 wealdman

wealdman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Ti VCT Titanium
Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

johnnymac, just for interest, do you have ESP with Traction Assist? And if you don't, do you think it might have been any help?

Edit: have just seen you have the X Pack so of course you have ESP. So it evidently doesn't work miracles...

#5 Bashful

Bashful

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1l 125ps ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

Scary stuff, glad you are ok.

#6 JAR897

JAR897

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 Titanium 1.6 TiVCT

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

Few, thank god it didn't roll or aanything.

Glad your ok man.

#7 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

johnnymac, just for interest, do you have ESP with Traction Assist? And if you don't, do you think it might have been any help?

Edit: have just seen you have the X Pack so of course you have ESP. So it evidently doesn't work miracles...

It's an oft misconception that ESP, DSC, Traction Control or any other form of stability program will prevent you from crashing. It can help, but it isn't failsafe.

All it is, is an aid, just like ABS won't stop you running in the back of someone, ESP won't keep you on the road if you are driving too fast for the conditions or the road.

#8 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

So coming down the bypass late last night, or very early this morning... the road is covered in water an torrential rain lol ok i blame myself maybe for going to fast in the wet, but came of the motorway an onto the slip road and applied the brakes and it just skidding along, i ended up sideways looking down the slip road with a punctured tyre and now car is on the back of lorry awaiting to go into ford for two new tyres...

im all good thou.. just thought id let u all know of the dangers of driving to fast in the wet!

Hey John,

The most important thing here is that you are alright--easy for others to criticise--but it's all too easily done.

Think yourself lucky though, it could have been a whole lot worse..............

#9 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

sorry to hear that your car is in need of some TLC, but tbh that could have been a lot worse, your very lucky you didnt skid and hit something and over turn! we all have had near misses in the past so I wont critisise at all, just glad you ok and in one piece hun,

#10 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

That is really scary! Its happened to me before in my Astra. Busted the wheel and the tyre. At least I was only 200 yds from a garage so not far to go. Sorry your car is ill and I hope it gets better soon :)

#11 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:52 AM

YEAH im ok, car is fine, just extreamly dirty and still awaiting two new tyres, ford cant do it till wednesday now as no one works over a bank holiday weekend, even me lol and im on holiday this week too as im 22 woo hoo.. lol

but yeah, just makes u realise that in the wet u underestimate the worse that can happen, i wasnt even going to fast tbh, but still these things happen...

just watch out in the wet thats all i say!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users