Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shaving Foam And Windows??

shaz4473

Posted onto general but thought I would post here as my mums car is a 2007 fiesta zetec.

Thought I'd post this one here and see if anyone can advise.

It's come to that time of year when my mum and I I have the really annoying problem with condensation on the front and rear screen of our cars.I have already purchased two different brands of car dehumidifiers - the bags that are filled that you put on the dashboard and should soak in any moisture with not much luck.

Someone suggested shaving foam of all things and I have gone online to find that it is something that people have tried and it appears to be a success. It is suggested that it should work for around 4-6 weeks. I have found that putting it on my bathroom mirror it is stopping the condensation from the shower!

I have put it on the inside of my windscreen(I have an Audi) under a week ago and I do think that it is working(but not 100% as it could just be the weather conditions).

Can anyone advise on whether it would be safe to use on my mums fiesta front and rear screen). I have only used it on my non heated front screen but wasn't sure about screens with heater elements
Any advice appreciated and also if anyone has other ideas for reducing condensation I am interested to hear.

I have so far tried opening the windows and letting heat out before I get home. Running the car with air conditioning on. When parking I've tried putting the air vent control to feet. Also tried switching the blower to off. Tried putting the air on recirculation before stopping engine(but don't know if this automatically goes to circulate when engine is stopped?).

I keep newspapers on the rubber mats to soak any water in wet weather and remove from the car trying to reduce themoisture in the car.

The elements are in the middle of layers of glass (or glass like material?) and so shouldn't be affected.

Asda's really cheap green own brand glass cleaner stop mine from misting up, it leaves an odd coating on the window, but I wouldn't use it on the side ones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Ford OC mobile app

You can use any liquid soap to stop condensation or an old dodge was to cut a potato in half and rub it on the screen , never tried it and im not sure if I'd want to, how about one of the de_fogging liquids you can buy, are you sure you haven't got a leak?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club