Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta/lowered/alloys

Epu

Hello!

So im getting 2011/1.6tdci(70kw/95hp) Ford Fiesta sport van on next week ( the car is currently in germany and is being shipped to finland.)

Anyways I already ordered H&R's springs the ones that lowers your car by 50mm. And now im looking for some alloys for summer. The car has 2 sets of alloys the original fords 16" and 15". The 15" ones will have winter tires on my plan was to put them originally on 16" but apparently the tire size is very rare so they dont really make good winter tires on the 16" ones so I had to put them on 15"s. So I was kinda thinking about 9x17 with 205/40/17 so there will be abit of stretching going on there :D. And I will probably get it chip tuned by this cool professional guy who did it in the past with my old car he said we could safely take out 140hp and set the torque range to more my liking :).

So I would like to know your opinions on my thoughts! And please if theres someone here with lowered fiestas or with wide alloys please send some pics :). I would love to actually see how the looks are at the moment they are just in my head. My first car used to be mk2 vw golf and that one had lowered suspension and really wide alloys and stuff so I really like the "german look" but I dont want to go too much into that look. Still want my car to be driveable as I use it everyday on work!

Summer tires/wheels are here :D.

obt8.jpg09ci.jpg

post-48698-0-35401100-1386178475_thumb.j

post-48698-0-40294400-1386178476_thumb.j

Oh and those pics are actually of the car I'll have they are the pics the dealer had online.

Sound good, but 50mm is that right?? You will need to change the shocks too if not any little bump and you will top the suspension out i should think, on mine 30mm is low enough, and you will have a seriously hard ride ??

i like the tyre idea yes but with the alloys double check after lowering to see if you have enough clearance in the arches to have such a wide wheel, i was looking at spacers for the rear of mine and now after lowering any spacer applied would mean rubbing against the wheel arch so it would be worth double checking and the chip sounds good. Would love mine chipped :D

Sound good, but 50mm is that right?? You will need to change the shocks too if not any little bump and you will top the suspension out i should think, on mine 30mm is low enough, and you will have a seriously hard ride ?? i like the tyre idea yes but with the alloys double check after lowering to see if you have enough clearance in the arches to have such a wide wheel, i was looking at spacers for the rear of mine and now after lowering any spacer applied would mean rubbing against the wheel arch so it would be worth double checking and the chip sounds good. Would love mine chipped :D

Well I have driven with the mk2 golf which was lowered to the limits (though it was adjustable) Sure its damn hard but Im young my back can take it :D! Besides the golf was like 200-300kg's lighter so fiesta should be a tad softer. I will see if I need new shocks when I take it for a test drive! The problem with 30mm is that it leaves that tiny gap too much so it wont look as nice with alloys that have lip. My brother has a friend in this garage where they sell alloys/tires and fix cars so he can probably tell me right of the bat if its doable with 9/17 alloy and 205/40/17 tires. The whole idea with the stretching is that the tire/alloy could fit. I know that with the right size tire they won't. Yeah the chip is cool, if you ride the car right it lowers your consumption too. I had mk1 vito with 110cdi engine = 100hp. After chip tuned it had 170hp :D It was cool the guy just plugged in his laptop and asked how much torque would I want and how much hp and also where I want the peak power and the torque range. And now that I don't need such a big van anymore Im giving up my mk2 vito and taking fiesta in return for lower running costs and because I kinda fell for it the second I saw one :D. I will definitely take some before/after pic's when I get the car and change the springs as I will get the springs before the car arrives.

The Fiesta ST has 205/40/17 as standard, so apart from the lowering they would fit ok. Funnily enough I'm looking towards buying winter tyres for my car, but as you say 16 inch are harder to come by. 17 inch even worse as none of the decent winter tyre manufacturers seem to do a 205/40/17. So, it's either 15 in steel wheels or alloys.What size winter tyres are you putting on your 15 inch rims?

185/55/15 Toyo Observe GSI5 tires. Nokian was the only manufacturer to make 195/45/16 BUT none of the dealers had them! So they would've had to order them which adds costs + Nokian is the most expensive winter tire there is (also the best in extreme conditions) And this size is so rare that they end up putting some extra fee on that as well. So It was too much of a hassle so I just went with the 15" ones. Which are ugly! Adding a pic of em soon! Oh and those of you who are thinking why I can't find winter tires is cause Im looking for actual winter tires not mid-european :D. Roads are always icy/snowy here and the nordic tires are different from those mid-european winter tires incase some of you didn't know.

Hmm not sure about that tire I have to check on it! I think it is "mid-european" Nordic continentals usually go by the name "wintervinkingcontact" If im not mistaken. Also atleast in finland standard has 2 options 195/50 or 185/55. Cause they have no real difference. And 185/55 was easier to come by.

$_1.JPG

Theres my winter alloy :D.

Yeah so the studless nordic winter tire from Continental is called contivikingcontact 5 and the one with studs is called contiIcecontact. Which probably means that this WinterContact TS8xx is designed for mid-europe and can't cope in finland.

Some good stuff to chew on there, thanks. Problem is, from a tyre dealer the relevant alternative in a 15 inch is 195/55/15, so 195/50/15 will actually cause the speedo to overread ie: speedo says 50, but actually only doing 45, for example. I'll see what Ford have to say about a suitable size.

50mm is a lot!

This is mine lowered by 35mm with 17" lightweight alloys.

I prefer the big wheels/low profile tyre look over small wheels personally but it's all personal preference really.

Interested to see how yours looks afterwards it will certainly be a cool looking van lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

post-43442-13862345157_thumb.jpg

Well the Idea is something like this

PMcG-Ford-Fair-40.jpg

But with different alloys of course. But we will have to see as I'm not going to put the alloys on the car till spring :/.

50mm is a lot!

This is mine lowered by 35mm with 17" lightweight alloys.

I prefer the big wheels/low profile tyre look over small wheels personally but it's all personal preference really.

Interested to see how yours looks afterwards it will certainly be a cool looking van lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Well Im just hoping 50mm is enough :). I was checking out the same type of alloys that you have just with red tape instead of yellow of course. I have like 3 different type of alloys which Im going to choose from not decided yet price is the biggest factor obviously and none of the ones I want are cheap :D.

woo i love the rear with the wiper removed!!!

Now that you mention it yeah it does look a bit better without it doesn't it?

looks sick without it in the black :D wish i had a black or white car :(

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car today yey!

Immediately changed the springs ride quality is still good these H&R are still comfortable when just cruising around. And the real difference can be felt on corners (no more roll over feeling :D)

Will add some pics when I wash the car currently weather so bad that the car gets really dirty just after 100meters of driving (gotta love salt/snow/mud/water.

Nice :) get some up dirty we like dirty things!! Haha

I know what you mean tho came home today and gf asked me what colour was my car again blue black brown or mud haha she wasnt too pleased when i told her that for xmas she can wash my car lol

0u6g.jpgmf1u.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics but there wasn't really enough room in the garage and outside was pouring rain :(. Can't wait till spring to change summer wheels on :).

• 2 months later...

Apparently the DRL's I have around the fog lights were too bright for the camera to capture. It's supposed to be perfect bright circle. :/

keem.jpg

Me too. I'd be interested in the wheel/width and offset of those...

Actually mine (the red) and the black one have the exact same wheel size. 8.5 width 17 inch ET 35 I have 205/40/17 so theres a little bit of stretching there. The real size for those alloys would be 225 I think. But then the wheels would hit the wheel arches all the time so thats why I went with a smaller tire.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club