Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problem

fordmad12

I've posted this in the general part as well as this part....

Can anyone help?

My wife couldnt turn the key in the ignition again, (3rd time this has happened) it took her five minutes to release it. Its like it locks down and the lights go off on the dashboard, did try wiggling the steering wheel in case it was something to do with the lock.

It's a 2013 Fiesta Titanium 10t 100ps ecoboost, has anyone else had this problem?

sounds like a problem barrel, your best bet is to take it back to the dealer and have it looked at under warranty.

sounds like a problem barrel, your best bet is to take it back to the dealer and have it looked at under warranty.

That sounds about right to me, I suppose if the electrics on the barrel are not responding to the actual movement (turning key) then the lights would go off.

I like your thinking, I'll get the wife to call our local Dealer.

Cheers for that.

Have a Merry Xmas

no worries, you too!

Do let us know how it goes and what the fault is!

Yes could be that! I would also quickly check the key in doors/boot/bonnet to make surfeit turns in them.. As I had this problem and it turned out to be a worn key... That way you can quickly write that possibility out.

Yes could be that! I would also quickly check the key in doors/boot/bonnet to make surfeit turns in them.. As I had this problem and it turned out to be a worn key... That way you can quickly write that possibility out.

Cheers, at least I can do this at home :)

no worries, you too!

Do let us know how it goes and what the fault is!

Yeah, let you know.

Did you try wiggling the steering wheel or just your wife? I still think steering lock.

• Like 1

It's a pity she didn't get me out of bed this morning, I could've had a better look, being its intermittent, it may not happen again for a while. I have changed the key (replaced with spare).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club