Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help With My Mondeo Tdci Not Starting

m-tel

Hi people got a little problem with my mondeo tdci on a 06 plate

Car cut out the other week and will not start and there is no engine light on and I have scand it and no error code found :s

I tryed to check the diesel flow was working ok by crack off an injector pipe and no diesel, the pipes were just blowing bubbles lol also tried a little easy start and no joy

I any ideas people

How charged is the battery? when was the last time that the car was serviced?

No pressure at an injector sounds like pump or filter but its difficult to tell from your brief description - shouldn't be battery if it turns over OK.

Yer iv got a suction toll and iv been using that to pull the diesel throw the pump but have notices I get a lot of air at the same time :(

Also battery if fully charged and it turns over fine iv tryed to start it on a bit of easy start it will start but stop as soon as the easy start runs out :(

Also I have noticed one I stop sucking the diesel throw the pump and take the succession tool off it makes a bubbling sound :(

Also think it had a service just befor it died :)

Regards tel :)

Could be imv valve if no faults or pump have u got a fuel primmer

Hello mate what is the imv valve :) and where is it on the car :) and do I no of a way to Cheak it :)

Regards tel

IMV = Inlet Metering Valve - attaches to the fuel pump on common rail diesel Mondeos (Delphi)

It's basically a a suction valve it sucks fuel into pump if u get jery can full diesel I think u can gravity feed the pump yourself now this might not work but it's an option u could try

Start with the basics - fit a new fuel filter, make sure there is plenty diesel in the tank and no visible leaks, bleed the system (you can feed electrical power to the lift pump to prime it)

Then try starting it again - it can take some starting after a filter change so you must persevere, you may need jump leads/ more batteries/ a booster etc - there is a "knack" to it, you must also be careful you don't burn out your starter motor

at least then you can eliminate the filter - some use clear tubing in the fuel pipes to check for bubbles/ that system is bled

next step is to check the lift pump and IMV valve, these are a lot cheaper/ easier to change than the main pump & injectors

its strange you are not getting error codes

A diesel engine will run off EZ-start with no diesel , pumps or fuel injection system, so the engine running on EZ-start means little

Ok foca il go get new new filter first :) then if it start spot on I think I'm also going to put a clear pease of pipe in on the feed line then il be able to see if it's even trying to suck up diesel and il Cheak all the fittings and pipes for leaks :)

Also iv look for a lift pump and can't find one anywhere on the car and also had a look at the tank and it's only got 2 wires going in to the sender witch I think is for the fuel sender am I right in thinking that if it had an intank pump then there would be 4 wires :)

Also is there any none places where it could have an air leak :)

Thank to all the people for the help so far

Yeah that should have lift pump on drivers side right in front of fuel tank underneath car now this is not an electric pump where u can flick ignition on off few times get fuel up to filter all fords u need prime yourself

Ok I must have mist it did wonder for it lists one on the euro car part website :)

It must be well tucked up in the for I followed the pipes from front to back then they go down the side of the tank abit then they disappear over the top of the tank :) il have a look again after Xmas :)

Regards tel

• 7 months later...

Hello people need some more help with my mondeo in the end I found out my injector pump and injectors were dead iv replaced the pump and now I'm doing the injector :)

But I am having problem with the injector seals for the seals I took out wear steel one and I'm having problem buying new ones :(

Dose any one no if I can use standard copper seals ?

Reson I asks if that one of the new injectors come with a copper seal already on it but the other one has got a steel seal on it :(

Any help with this would be grate

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club