Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coil Pack / Throttle

wayne 75

How can I tell if my coil pack is packing up when I go to pull away the revs fluctuate and lurches forward the same when I reverse I have changed spark plugs and HT leads or might it be some thing else

Hi Wayne, Coil Pack is one issue, I would say try tightening up the HT leads first, and if that fails, then you will probably need to replace the coils and the HT leads...

Hi welcome :)

is it misfiring if so I change the coil pack

Hi there and welcome, it does sound like a coil pack issure, but play it safe and get a OBD reader to check what the fault is.

Hope you sort it out m8.

Yep, common issue with the coil packs. Get ecu read to confirm misfire. We usually fit coil pack, leads and plugs as standard with these types of misfires as most of the time none of the above have ever been changed so best to do them all as parts degrade over time anyway...

• 1 month later...

Change plugs but set gap to 1 mm instead of the standard 1.3 ...secret ford fault...seems over time the gap will widen and this can cause misfire and coil failure.... Try it could save you a fortune changing coils and leads...worked for me...good luck...it's easy to get carried away and looking at expensive options like ECU ?