Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Fiesta Number Plate Lights

njosefx

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been on the forums lately been very busy!

I've been looking to get my number plate lights changed on my 2013 Fiesta ZS but I can't seem to get the cover off them!

Has anyone changed theirs and can advice me on how to get the cover off? I would really appreciate it!

Many Thanks

Use a small flat head screwdriver down the side of them pull towards the light, there is a little spring metal clip get hold of that with the screw driver bend it inwards and they pull out easy as. There is a replacement set on eBay the whole light unit I'll get the link for you, but its the best ive ever seen, look cool and soo bright on the car

Use a small flat head screwdriver down the side of them pull towards the light, there is a little spring metal clip get hold of that with the screw driver bend it inwards and they pull out easy as. There is a replacement set on eBay the whole light unit I'll get the link for you, but its the best ive ever seen, look cool and soo bright on the car

Here you go

http://bit.ly/1hcVSm5

Here you go

http://bit.ly/1hcVSm5

Thank you very much! I will try your way tomorrow and see if I can get the covers off! And wow those look very interesting! Are they hard to replace though?

No easy as, instead of putting a bulb in the holder you connect these into the holder push all the wiring back up and these have their own clips to hold it in place so you just get rid of the old holder or eBay it ;)

If it's like the 2008-2012 MK7 model...

f6ma.jpg

fnqd.jpg

Yes! That's exactly how it is! But then how do you get that cover off to reveal the bulb?

Yes! That's exactly how it is! But then how do you get that cover off to reveal the bulb?

Hold the bulb holder (white part) twist 90 degrees and pull off.

Hold the bulb holder (white part) twist 90 degrees and pull off.

Okay so just to confirm, you hold the clear lens bit, and you twist that 90 degrees and then I should be able to just pull it off?

Okay so just to confirm, you hold the clear lens bit, and you twist that 90 degrees and then I should be able to just pull it off?

Hold the white part that the wires go in to and twist the black&clear part.

Hold the white part that the wires go in to and twist the black&clear part.

Is that the only way to change the bulb? Can't I just open up the clear lens bit and bit in a different bulb?

Is that the only way to change the bulb? Can't I just open up the clear lens bit and bit in a different bulb?

Trust me, it's super easy. I can change a bulb in under 10 seconds ;)

I see you live in Hampshire aswell, If your near me I could show you how to do it?

Trust me, it's super easy. I can change a bulb in under 10 seconds ;)

I hate DIY and if I do it once I will know how to do it!;)

I see you live in Hampshire aswell, If your near me I could show you how to do it?

They would be really helpful! Thank you! Whereabouts in Hampshire are you based?

Southampton, you?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Southampton, you? Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Ahh my brother lives there so I will probably give you a shout next time I'm there! And do you know Camberley?

Sure do, been working there a lot just before Xmas. Yeah sure give me a shout next time you are down this way

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

• 1 month later...

Just received my license plate LED's today looking forward to fitting them to my MK 7.5 Zetec S interested to see how there going to look

photo.JPG

when i got to the bulbs today the bulb holder - the see through plastic part - looked brown and slightly burnt?

It looked like the bulbs got too hot and had started to melt the bulb holder around it? Has anyone else noticed this?

i'll grab a pic when its lighter if need be!

(Sorry dude, if this is a hijack - i didnt want to start another number plate light thread of this type!)

when i got to the bulbs today the bulb holder - the see through plastic part - looked brown and slightly burnt?

It looked like the bulbs got too hot and had started to melt the bulb holder around it? Has anyone else noticed this?

i'll grab a pic when its lighter if need be!

(Sorry dude, if this is a hijack - i didnt want to start another number plate light thread of this type!)

Yeah happened to mine too, no adverse affects though.

Yeah i also notced this when fitting mine that the plastic holder looked like they were burning,

i got mine from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281108042302

but when i bought them mine only got £27 no idea why it now says £127 the ebayer must of accidentally put the price in wrong

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club