Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Take The Spare Wheel On Ford Streetka

notarinez

Hi, I have to admit that I am a complete newbie on cars ( I´ve never changed a wheel )

Now I have to do it and Ive found the hydaulic jack , the tool required and I thing I can do it..... but the real problem its I cannot remove the spare wheel from bottom of car... dont know how to do it.

I attach 2 photos where there is the spare wheel, and other in the trunk with a screw that I dont know if its needed to liberate the wheel.

Also.. I have been spinning that screw , but it seems to dont do anything... I can spin it with fingers also but allways its at the same hardness . so also its possible Its defective.

Many thanks to all for help my and sorry cause my english is not very good.

Happy new year ;)

1faq.jpg

2d4p.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

Use the wheel brace spanner to judo the bolt inside the car this should drop the wheel to the ground.

Thanks you very much for your answer.

The bolt inside the car that I have to spin its that screw that Its on the second photo ?

Thx a lot

The bolt inside the car that I have to spin its that screw that Its on the second photo ?

Thx a lot

Yes that looks to be the one but only if the wheel brace fits it,

And

It corresponds with the bracket beneath the car.

Thx a lot

Open the boot,just below where the lock catch is there is a bolt.Use the bar on the jack to undo it,will take ages.Then when it is quite loose you will see teh wheel below the car,lift the metal hanger slightly so it goes over the hook its on.You can then lower the hanger to the floor and slide the wheel out.Refitting is the reverse. :wink:

i would get under the car and spray some wd40 on the screw as they do tend to rust on. it does take a while for the wheel to drop down . you also need to lift the wheel cage off the holder thats dropped it dont as it's a cradle type thing

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club