Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello All, Quick Question.

Densedog

Evening all,

Just a quick question as I am new to this site.

I bought a 2011 Fiesta Edge just before christmas.

Im intrigued by the spare wheel kit. Any ideas if a spare wheel is needed, cost?

I commute 60 miles a day and if i use the repair kit i would have to limp home rather than just change the wheel.

Thank you for any help given in advance.

Previous Skoda man, new to the Ford family.

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

What have you got then? An air compressor and a tin of glue/gunk?

If so, that's the same as I have on my Galaxy - no spare wheel available as there's no where to fit it, even if i wanted to!

As I understand it you connect the glue/gunk to the compressor then re-inflate the tyre. The glue/gunk spreads around the tyre and apparently melts/bonds/glues the tyre and repairs the puncture. Realistically it's only any good for a puncture, but if you have a blow out/tear it may not work very well/at all. I believe you then subsequently need to buy a new tyre as the glue/gunk slowly eats into the tyre.

My wife's Fiesta, an 11 plate, has the factory cost option of a full size spare wheel - might be a good idea for you given your daily commute. Can't help with a cost as we bought the car used - speak to a Ford Dealer for the wheel - could just buy a steel as it's a spare and then get a tyre elsewhere.

Hope this is of some help.

John

Them things are a joke if rip in sidewall wat exactly are u suppose do I go scrap yard think wheel dimensions same since 03 model

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club