Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Fiesta Titanium 1.4L Alarm Keeps Going Off!!!

J03Fiesta

Hi everyone,

I read a couple of topics about the same issue of car being locked and car alarms itself for no apparent reason.

I've seen people also say that WD40 to the bonnet catch seems to resolve it, so I've tried that and that worked for a day or two, and now it's back alarming itself.

I've also had whilst driving along, the 'boot open' warning situation, even though it is firmly closed.

Would someone be able to advise on what I can do to resolve this issue that doesn't require me to bridge any connections with wires?

If anyone is able to help, it'd be much appreciated, pictures would be great too!

Also, if I can/need replacement parts, where is a good cheep-ish place that I can get parts either to collect in the SW or for home delivery?!?

Thanks,

Joe

Also, another issue that is pestering me with this car is that my driver seat belt only releases sometimes and when it does release, it like allows me like less than an inch each time, I must yank at it a good 100 times before I can just about plug myself in!

Flipping annoying when I'm in a rush for work or I've got others in the car!

• 3 weeks later...

silly question but where is rhe bonnet sensor thats linked to the alarm, as im also having alarm problems with my fiesta

With my car, it ended up being the boot catch that was faulty and was setting off the sensor, not the bonnet.

I found that loosening the two torque screws on the boot catch and moving that latch/U shaped bit that the boot catches onto when you close it a couple mm up and tightening the screws fixed it as the lock has two stages and because it sunk down, it seemed to have disengaged the lock, alarming it.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Ford OC mobile app

• Thanks 1

With my car, it ended up being the boot catch that was faulty and was setting off the sensor, not the bonnet.

I found that loosening the two torque screws on the boot catch and moving that latch/U shaped bit that the boot catches onto when you close it a couple mm up and tightening the screws fixed it as the lock has two stages and because it sunk down, it seemed to have disengaged the lock, alarming it.

thanks for this, i am infact having the same issue and i suspected it was the boot sensor in mine as i could see the interior light coming on and off at times, do you know if the boot sensor is inside the boot catch, or is it likely to be something seperate.

thanks for this, i am infact having the same issue and i suspected it was the boot sensor in mine as i could see the interior light coming on and off at times, do you know if the boot sensor is inside the boot catch, or is it likely to be something seperate.

If your light is coming on too, it'll be your boot.

I stripped all my panels off to see if I could find the sensor and even stripped the locking mechanism itself and couldn't see an obvious sensor, I believe it's somewhere in the locking mechanism, but like I said earlier, moving the bit where it locks onto which is attached to the car up/towards you like 4-5mm fixed the job for me and should do the same for you.

Alternatively you could get a new lock from a ford dealer which costs around the £46 mark, but you'll more than likely still have to move up the bit it locks onto!

Let me know how it goes!

• 8 years later...
On 3/8/2014 at 8:29 AM, J03Fiesta said:

My 09 Fiesta started complaining about the boot being open when it wasn't.

Then it started turning the radion on when the car was empty

Then the interior light and footwell lights wouldn't go off and about 15 minutes later the alarm went off.

Just posting to say that your post was 100% correct and loosening the boot catch bolts and moving it towards myself and retightening seems to have solved the issue.

So great post, thanks 🙂

In case anyone else finds this post when looking up alarm problems, if you use Forscan software with a fault code reader it will let you which sensor triggered the alarm.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2014 at 8:29 AM, J03Fiesta said:

I realise this is a very old post but relevant to me now! When you described the latch mechanism, is it the bit on the boot 'door' itself or the bit on the car body of the boot? I'm worried a mechanic will presume it's merely a sensor.

Many thanks

Julie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club