Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark Plugs?

Valleyboy22

Searched eBay for a 14mm spark plug socket and some of them u put your vehicle in and it's coming up as the wrong one? Gonna ave to bite the bullet and buy one local.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Valleyboy22

• Hillkidstr

• artscot79

• higgsy

http://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/car_commercial_extra.php?id=1223

Recommended TR5B-13 4559 - Gap is preset

Upgrade LTR5IX-11 4344 - Gap is preset

Copied of ngk website TR5B-13 are just the standard where as the LTR5IX-11 are the upgrades and are iridium.

Just thought I should mention it just nipping out to my focus to triple check the socket size on my densos currently fitted.

So 1mm gap yeah? And need

Two size socket sets? Sorry but I'm new to doing all this lol

So 1mm gap yeah? And need

Two size socket sets? Sorry but I'm new to doing all this lol

I have just been out in the rain to check which socket fits my spark plugs also topped up windscreen fluid.

The 10mm Spark plug socket from my Halfords set and snap on set fits the focus saprk plugs the 14mm spark plug socket is way way to big.

What socket set do you have? do you know if it is 3/8" or 1/2"?

At a guess I would say 3/8" so if you trust me the following socket all you will need,

10mm SPARK PLUG SOCKET

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_170752_langId_-1_categoryId_255216?_$ja=kw:skimlinks_phg|tsid:40392&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-PerformanceHorizon-_-skimlinks_phg-_-TopLink

Brilliant thanks. Will pop to Halfords and get one.

Brilliant thanks. Will pop to halfords and get one.

Just to double check you do already have a socket set and an extension?

just taken this very quick snap to show all you need, 3/8" ratchet, 3/8" extension, 3/8" drive 10mm SPARK PLUG SOCKET.

Sorry for the crappy pic was just a dead quick snap, but this is all you need tool wise

photo2_zps503ed9b2.jpg

No aint got a long enough bar. Will see if my local motor factor has something to do it.

Did see these off eBay

post-48779-139633365649_thumb.jpg

post-48779-139633366766_thumb.jpg

Longer extensions do make it easier but it can be shorter maybe half the length of the one I used in the pic but wouldn't go any shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I was just going to suggest a tool just like that laser one as I used one ages ago and they do work the only issue I had was if a plug needs that extra strength to undo it can be a bit tougher but considering your plugs have been recently replaced they should just unscrew with ease.

Yeah they were changed in Jan but not Convinced they are decent plugs. Got a socket set but it's a cheap one so not got the bar long enough for them.

It depends on you if you want to start building your tools up your probably better with a bar and spark plug socket if not I would just get one of the laser spark plug tools.

• 1 year later...

correct gap 1.0mm on all ford plugs as said some are now pregapped at 1.0mm some at 1.3mm still

I ordered a new set of plugs from Euro Car Parts. These below as their website specified when inputting 1.6 2005 Focus, as you can see from the link:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2005/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/spark-plugs/?408772090&1&b0bc1a12bd88050e941df25f1e9642135c5b1c9a&000301

The order arrived today and the individual plug packaging says the above are gapped at 1.3mm, which isn't mentioned anywhere on that webpage and is therefore extremely annoying as I knew from posts on here that 1mm was correct. I should have bought the NGK TR5A-10 plugs where the gap is the number at the end of the reference.

So do I definitely have to manually adjust the Bosch plugs I just bought away from the manufacturer setting?

Yes is the simple answer you'll need a feeler gauge to adjust it to 1.0mm yourself

• Like 1

Thanks. My dad has a gauge I can borrow. Engine is misfiring and the garage found an error via their computer test in plug 4. Which may or may not be due to the water ingress from the washer jets. Revised washer jets and silicone grease arrived today with the new spark plugs, so hopefully this'll solve it. The garage replaced the coil pack to no avail so options getting narrowed.

If not the leads or the wiring to the coil pack are known issues

Thanks. Looking downwards the area is rusty but looks dry. The plastic stoppers on the end of the HT leads (that clip into the top of the spark plugs) are dry inside but the outsides seem to be getting a bit of what looks like condensation. Today the stopper on plug 4 was noticeably wetter on the outside than the others, although I've tended to only check (and dab dry) the first 3 since the garage took the water out. The mechanic removed plugs 1-3 but said the last plug wasn't budging so he didn't risk snapping it. I think the problem lies here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club