Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

skyman114

Rear Wheel Bearing....

7 posts in this topic

Had a rear wheel bearing colapse last night. 15miles from home and had to drive it back at low speed.

Gonna have the hub off later this morning, not looking forward to the mess. :(

Oops! :lol:

Luckily the wheel didn't come off if it's that bad!

Rear bearing totally gone. Tyre miss shaped.

Got a new bearing from euro car parts. But now realise no hope in hell of fitting that to the drum without a bearing press..... no flipping breakers yards open today.

Looks like e bay first thing in the morning. ....

Buck fit and sollocks :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Can get them out.

Use the old lock nut as you get a new one spray lots of Wd40 on bearing a use a large socket and a big hammer.

To fit new one put it in the freezer for a while and use the old bearing carraige to hammer it in .

Did both rears on my fiesta.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

amunro likes this

Think I'll go the easy way. £35. 2nd hand hub assembly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

All sorted now...

For anyone out there who has a similar issue and gets a Hub from an online breakers, remember to ask them to remove or loosen the HUB NUT. Total Bar steward when not attached to a car, had to improvise a leaver to the rear of the hub to get the required leaverage to break the hub nut tension.

All sorted now...

For anyone out there who has a similar issue and gets a Hub from an online breakers, remember to ask them to remove or loosen the HUB NUT. Total Bar steward when not attached to a car, had to improvise a leaver to the rear of the hub to get the required leaverage to break the hub nut tension.

:lol:

Or a big vice would be handy