Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Cigarette Lighter Socket

chrisehb

Hi all,

I have a Ford Fiesta Blue SE, 08 plate.

My little one decided when she was sitting in the car to put a paper clip in the Cigarette lighter socket which is next to the gear stick, there were some sparks and slight pop, ever since it's stopped working.

Is it just a case of removing it from the fitting and getting a replacement and connecting the power backup or is it a bit more complicated than that? Sorry if there is a guide, but I couldn't find one earlier.

Chris

I would have thought it is the fuse which has gone rather than the socket itself.

I would have thought it is the fuse which has gone rather than the socket itself.

Oh okay, is there located somewhere accessible where I could look myself? I know my old, old fiesta had a box to the right of the steering wheel where this could be found, but not sure on this model.

It is usually behind the glovebox on most of the recent Fords, is yours the mk6.5?

It might say in the manual which fuse it is (and the box location).

That looks like a relay rather than a fuse.

From what I have read you need a 15A fuse, but I don't know specifically what type for your car. Hopefully someone on here with the same car can give you the info if you can't find it in your manual or online

Yeah I'm having a quick look on-line, it's defiantly a 15A fuse as you said. Apparently there is a fuse diagram behind the Glove box so I'm going to take a look later and post where I find. Do you know if its a Mini blade fuse, or a fuse as you would find in an electrical socket?

Should be a mini blade.

Also, check your rear lights are working...

Should be a mini blade.

Also, check your rear lights are working...

Yeah they are, everything else it working fine. Does anyone have a diagram of the Fiesta so I can try to replace tomorrow?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club