Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rev Range

D13 HPD 95

On the mk7's what is the rev cut of point as im always carful not to take it above 5k but never seen what the rev cut off at, so what is it lol ? And whats the damage caused if you rev it up to the limit?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

There is no damage, that's why there's a limit :p

cheers nath i tried it this morn, cuts out at 6400 but hits 6500 god it sounded nice with the exhaust!! :L its a little of the vtec 10500 rev limit lol and my dads yzf800's 17800 rev limit lol

With that range do you actually need gears lol

Look at the power curve -

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/FiestaMk61.25.pdf

there is no point in revving it past 6130 RPM - you are just loosing power/ wasting time

if you were in a drag race with an identical car, identical weight, etc, and you started at exactly the same time, if the other car was changing up at 6130 and you were changing at 6500, it would be pulling away from you, and it would win the race this is because the peak power is at 6130, and it drops off above this - it will give the illusion of being faster (because of the noise) but is slower revving it past 6130

Seriously, don't be afraid to take it above 5k!... Give it some beans every now and then (when appropriate for the road conditions, speed limits, etc), and enjoy it!

It is technically 'impossible' to over-rev, due to the standard rev limiter, so don't worry about it too much (just don't drive around at 6k rpm all the time though!!!)... The most important thing is not to rev the engine too high until it has warmed up properly.

As FOCA said though, you will see (and feel) power drop off when you get near the limit, somewhere around 6k, so there is no benefit of going above that, and certainly no need to take it all the way up to the rev limiter.

With that range do you actually need gears lol

on his bike no lol, with me on the back we can get to 60 in first or in 6th there is that much torque we can go from 35 to top speed of 156limited on private road of course :D

and cheers guys and yh i can say it slowed a little just after 6k

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club