Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Car Short List

Sheriff

I'm terrible with cars, and have had the ZS since January only, but it's leaving me wanting still. Love the looks and handling, but need more excitement (on 4 wheels).

As some of you know I've been looking at the Clio RS 200 edc, the Megane RS 250, ST Fiesta and now I fell in love the weekend when I accidentally went car shopping in Cambridge...

The new Focus ST. I've never really even entertained the idea, but the 4 door actually makes sense with me although I would prefer a 2 door. It would have to be the deep blue st3 version. I am going to make a point of test driving all the cars on my list but I really did fall in love with the Focus. Although I told the better half that I'd be keeping is one at least a year, I think I might have bent the truth a tad.

As of next week, my test drives commence ;)

I'll report my progress back and write up each one, according to me :)

• Like 1

I'll be interested to read your thoughts on the different cars.

After promising myself I would be keeping my current Focus for 5 years, only 16 months since getting it I have already been in to the dealer and asked them to keep me informed about the facelift model, haha.

haha, I think you guys are just eager to see the better outcome of what is next ;) its only human nature!

I look forward to seeing what your reviews come back with!

Megane and the Clio are two different worlds, Meg is much bigger and a bit more brutal, but with them and when considering buying one, make sure it has the cup pack and the Chassis pack.

The Meg is also quicker than the Focus.

Considered an Astra VXR 2 door thing?

You buying new? the latest meg is 265BHP.

Also for that cheddar although used, MK2 Focus RS?

Yes Matt I'd only ever go 'cup' if I end up in an RS for sure ;)

I love the VXR, but running costs alone put me off (£480 a year tax!), and they aren't in my price bracket yet. There only .1 of a second 0-60 between the RS 250 & the 265 so I'm not fussed about that too much, and they are ripe for tuning also...

I'll be going max 2 years old. Will never buy new anymore, never.

I think the only difference between the 250 and 265 is the manifold and inlet, they keep doing that with all RS models as they progress.

Tax just became £500 for the top band as well, re-god-dam-diculous!

FRS might be a good shout, most powerful and the quickest one out there, Although when I looked most of them on sale, especially the rank green ones are Cat C or D or just a plain dog of a car.

E90 M3's go quite cheap now too, can be had for less than 20K, 400BHP V8 = Win ( but has 60k car running costs ) or a rare 130i powerful car.

Or an older Audi RS4, if willing to go older, Vauxhall Lotus Carlton, 17-20K but was the worlds fastest production car at the time, 380BHP 3.6 Twin Turbo 0-60 was in the 4s top speed 170 odd irrc, very limited in numbers are depreciation proof, investment even, Mint ones are selling for 40K plus now, probably frighteningly expensive on parts though.

I've looked at the RS4 b5. Immense car and love the noise they make, especially with a less restrictive system. But, again, running costs. Gonna have to be a hot hatch. Loving it at mo as the hot hatch has made such a comeback in recent years and they are fairly affordable.

Go for the Focus ST!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club