Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Induction Kits And Tuv

Kye

Hello all.

is it a new thing that induction kits have TUV approvals? I just wonder as I saw something on here somewhere about a new system from K&N not being liked by the French? Is there some kind of crack down on the noise they can make? I see that the K&N57s (something like that) comes with a cover to cover the filter and keep the noise down.

A bit lost and confused now as I can't find where I read it, or anything on it more widely spread on the internet.

Thanks all.

TUV is a Euro thing, for instance in Germany Modding is completely forbidden unless the parts are TUV approved, You'll see German items like Dectane for instance all carry this and it's reflected in the pricing. TUV doesn't apply to the UK ( yet ) and hence why K&N American design won't carry it.

TüV doesnt gurantee a quality item neither,

I purchased some light brows from CSR Automotive in Germany,

Came with a TüV certificate of conformance,

When put on the headlights the bonnet wouldnt close,

"!Removed! that" as the say in france,

Image2106.jpg

Image2489.jpg

Sorry Lenny, I wasn't trying to imply they will be a quality item, you're merely paying for a complaint item that you can use in certain countries etc. always comes at a price, Look at TUV Audi parts in Germany, there is one manufacturer out there that can make engine mods for them and well, you'd be better of buying a much faster car and you'd still be better off, costs a fortune.

Hopefully it doesn't spread over here.

( Sort of serves you right for buying light brows imo, Bit late 90's imo :D )

• Like 1

Sorry Lenny, I wasn't trying to imply they will be a quality item, you're merely paying for a complaint item that you can use in certain countries etc. always comes at a price, Look at TUV Audi parts in Germany, there is one manufacturer out there that can make engine mods for them and well, you'd be better of buying a much faster car and you'd still be better off, costs a fortune.

Hopefully it doesn't spread over here.

its cool mate, i was just adding info to the whole TüV and my experience with the standard,

I wasnt trying yo impact on your post,

I agree on price those brows cost me 90euro shipped followed by 40euro to get painted then to find they dont fit grrrrr :lol:

i say bring back the late 90's best years of my life,

Since they didnt fit, i decided to paint on the brows like vicki does :lol:

IMG_20121220_141835.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club