Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

I Return! With More Metal Then I Left With!

JayGhia

Alas My Amigo's! I return.

Now I had a good group of friends on here, that would have last seen me on the Photo Location Thread, excepting the challenge to get a cop inside my car and get a picture, unfortunately recent events have stopped me doing as much, though I could have got a Air Ambulance Chopper! I do indeed have a Ghia, but I also.. had.. a DT125 for the summer really. I say had, because it's now crushed somewhere.

I was whirring along on my ways to a night shift, starting at 11pm, down the same road I always drive. New Tarmac, no streets lights. Heading towards a notorious black spot for accidents, now the road I was on, goes straight through, the roads of the left and right are staggered from each other and even hugely signposted. What I didn't expect, was for some complete moron to be coming from the left, with no headlights on. As his friend in the car told the police, he had turned his lights off to see if any car was coming so he could barrel straight over, and my god he did. Straight into the side of me, I saw him coming, snatched up the front brake, and stomped on the back brake and flew down gears like a mad man. But nothing I could do, if I ditched the bike I risked getting ran straight over. So, this kid hit me, sent me flying. We're not talking EasyJet flying, we're talking stunt plane. Fast Take off, several twists and turns, and slamming down onto the road. He did indeed stop, though he had little choice, the front of my bike was a passenger in his grill and engine compartment. I broke my foot, a double open fracture on my lower leg, fractured my hip, this all being the side he had hit. I dislocated 4 fingers, gained a concussion, form being out cold for a moment, and totally smashed my elbow when I came down, that now has 2 plates and screws holding it together. Now those that know me, will know I also have a full metal shoulder, that survived, and I hope so, or Terminator was a lie and he was easy to kill!

The purpose of this post is A, let you guys know I'm alright, and B, tell people if you turn your lights off to get a quick cross over the road.. just don't.. I'll come and pay you a visit other wise.

So the Ghia keys are on the hook for a while, certainly cannot drive on these awesome Meds, this gives me more time to catch up on what I've missed, and stalk you guys on what you're all up to. Needles to say I'll be buying a mass of car parts with my SSP :D.

I'll have to get the Thumbs up from a staff member to do this I think. But I had a GoPro on at the time, so if anyone you want to see me fly, see a mass of Police, Paramedics and even an AirAmbulance turn up, I can post a link, as Bonus material, you'll also see me getting leathers cut off, and you'll see my SpongeBob Boxers, this is a limited offer while stocks lasting [Oi Oi]. There's not a mass of blood and gore, you don't see my open fracture, just hear a minor amount of swearing from me, and in a very confused state I try to get up and get my hands on the driver, and what the Paramedics did.

That's about all I have to say, I seriously need my morning dose of Oramorph now! Drive save my friends.

Jay

Blimey Jay you sure have been through it and are lucky to be alive. I don't know anybody that is moronic enough to think turning your lights off at night is a good idea for any reason let alone crossing a junction without taking a look first.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and you are suitably compensated for what these cretins have put you through.

Put it this way.. I'm no longer a fan of flying lol. As far as I'm aware, the kid was arrested, and I'm waiting for a court date, his insurance have already paid out and it was a fair bit too a my bike was a 12 plate. I'm getting paper work together at the moment for loss of earnings and so on for the compo, now it's just going to be a bit of recovering and I'll be running around a padded cell in no time!

'Kin hell!!

That's one helluva story to tell the grandkids!! Glad you're (relatively speaking) okay though!!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah I'm alright Sean, it P***ed me off more then any thing that someone would have such disregard and sever lack of common sense to do what he did

Holy crap Jay, I bet you wish you were in the padded cell don't you! I'm glad to hear your alright (I use the term loosely) but bleedin hell. That was a twunts trick he pulled wasn't it, glad to see his insurers accepted liability straight up but it's a pain to have to go through. As for the video feel free to post it as long as it could be watched by a child without scarring them lol.

I definitely would watch the uncut version... I just hope your meds help and you make a quick recovery! Sadly I see a lot of physio in your future and since I had mine recently I can share some tips...

When did this happen fella?

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

It was about 3 or 4 days after my post about my MOT, it failed on a small hole on the seal below the back right door, so I drove it to work for one of our welders to handle for me, and took to 2 wheels, we employed a few newbies for the night shift and I volunteered to train a few of them, on the way to said shift, the scumbag took me out. I've spent most of my days either asleep, or high as a kite of painkillers lol. The insurers paid up right away, and he was nicked by the police on the same night, he even stood there blubbering like a baby, whilst I was trying to sit up and get my hands on him once they had given my Morphine.

I'll have a ton of physio to do, even now I have some minor ones, stitches are all gone, just a few scars and a bit achy, nights are the worst, I end up sat on the patio with the dog in the dead of night to have a quick cig when I really hurt lol.

Thankfully, I wear extra armour underneath an already padded jacket, and I had Kevlar jeans and proper boots on, so it could have been a hella lot worse.

Good investment with the armour, but I want to see you trying to get your hands on him and him blubbering lol betting he was done for dangerous driving?

I think he was done for a string of things, when I can get outta bed, in a few hours I'll have a look for you. My BrotherInLaw is popping around with my sister probably tomorrow and he's bringing the wire for the GoPro for me, it's mine but he's borrowed it as he was just in Afghanistan. I'll definitely get it uploaded for you lol

Please tell me it wasn't a corsa he was driving...

Worse mate.. much worse.. a Bright Orange, 'West Coast' Saxo

Oh dear god...

In which case I must admit I am disappointed your bike didn't explode and take that lump with it.

On a plus side at least it wasn't a corsa.

I presume your bike was totalled then?

Thankfully you are okay it could have been so much worse. Hopefully you'll heal up good too. That is a terrible situation to be in very frightening

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Oh no! Glad you're ok!

Very lucky indeed Fella.

(Not for being hit of course but for being able to still be breathing without the use of many machines that go 'ping'.)

I hope the courts royally rump the little terd.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club