Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

mustang86

Grrrr At Insurance Company

6 posts in this topic

So I printed off my certificate of insurance today after swapping it to my new car, to find they had got a couple of letters in the wrong order, only to then get charged £17.50 for the pleasure.. Not happy!!

I would of thought within the 14 days you can cancel for free so you shouldn't be charged to amend anything unless it changes the risk.

I'd say to them you will cancel if they go through with the charge.

I would argue that they took the details incorrectly therefore its there error to rectify! along with Alex' suggestion above that you will excercise your right to cancel under the DSR if they dont rectify it free of charge.

I'd have thought a change in number plate (same car) was free? It was for me when I changed to a personalised plate from a normal one

Nathan54771 likes this

This profiteering annoys me. And it's YOU who is printing off the document not them!! So they are charging you for pressing a few buttons on a keyboard. We print our certificates for our clients and will make changes like this for free and print off as many duplicates as you want for free. It's just a rip off and you should certainly challenge it.

Think I will have to call back and see what they can do