Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigarette Lighter Repair/replacement

jertum

Hi all.

I recently bought a 2002 Fiesta Mk 6 1.3 Finesse. I've only just discovered that the cigarette lighter/power supply port doesn't actually work. I've checked the fuse and it appears to be in good order and still fully connected. Is there anything else I can check before buying a new lighter unit?

Also, if I buy a new unit, will there be any soldering involved or is it just a case of pulling out the old one and plugging in the new one?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

What is the state of the inside of the lighter. If it looks dirty you can clean the inside out with a sanding drill bit. Worked well for me. (Make sure the ignition is off.)

Check the fuse again, mine always used to go on my MK6. And yeah, it's REALLY easy to get a new one in! There's a connector connecting to the base of the power outlet itself. But as RKOT said it could just be dirty. Heck, the connector might have even just come loose.

Just incase you're not aware, to get at it, pull the plastic trim part which is one piece being the cup holder storage bin and power outlet are all on. Pull it upwards and it'll easily come apart, you don't need to touch the gear knob get your hand under and have a fiddle, if you do need to replace the power outlet itself you will need to remove the gearstick trim. That's easy too, get a small flathead screw driver and stick it under the circular trim that the gearstick trim connects to the part I mentioned earlier. once that's off unscrew the knob! ;)

Hope that helps you!

What is the state of the inside of the lighter. If it looks dirty you can clean the inside out with a sanding drill bit. Worked well for me. (Make sure the ignition is off.)

Don't know about you but mine never actually switched off if the ignition was off :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club