Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VIN / Chasis Number

JAR897

Hi all,

Got my VIN number today.. its 'GAJG9R08565'.

However when I type this number into the ford ETIS website it says the VIN should be 17 characters long...

What do I need to add?

Thanks,

John.

UPDATE: The dealer rang me to say that it should be 6 numbers before the bit he has given me - which is the same for ALL ford FIestas (mk 7 at least!)...

Can someone give an example of their VIN number please? (17 characters)

EDIT: I've viewed some more on here which start with 'WFOJXX', however If i type this in before my number is says that the number (which is now 17 characters) cannot have the letter 'o' in it?!?!

What an almighty coincidence!.....

I just got my vin number today when i went to the dealers, same format as yours JAR, and same problem....

When he called you to tell you that there should be 6 more characters, why didn't he tell you what they are??

He told me pretty much the same (He did say but they don't work and so i deleted them!)

I'm pretty sure it IS close to WFOJXX ... but O is causing an error still!

He told me pretty much the same (He did say but they don't work and so i deleted them!)

I'm pretty sure it IS close to WFOJXX ... but O is causing an error still!

Have you tried the obvious and replaced the "O" with a "0" (zero)?

Have just looked up mine on fordetis and it wont come up under my personalised reg but comes up as the old reg. Is this normal? Will it eventually change?

WF0JXXGAJG9R08565 - What it should be!

But it says:

Unable to Locate Information for the Vehicle Data. We are sorry, but no information could be found for the VIN/Registration number you entered - WF0JXXGAJG9R08565. Click here to check and re-enter the information you supplied.

maybe it has changed since poohbear's was made...

Can somebody who has only just recently (like in the last fortnight) got their factory ordered Fiesta please post the first 6 characters of their VIN

Ta very much

Jon

Just come off the phone with some guy from a Nottingham Dealership who says that WF0JXX is the prefix for the new Fiestas!

However the car details will not be previewed until the car itself has been built.

He also said that I could expect to wait up to a month after build date to have my ahdns on the car... this better not happen or I will be seriously complaining as I need it to work!!!

Just come off the phone with some guy from a Nottingham Dealership who says that WF0JXX is the prefix for the new Fiestas!

However the car details will not be previewed until the car itself has been built.

He also said that I could expect to wait up to a month after build date to have my ahdns on the car... this better not happen or I will be seriously complaining as I need it to work!!!

Thats not right surely! People on here who got their VINs ages ago could check their cars before they were built. Plus my one has been built and I am not getting the detail! Either the prefix is different for our cars, or we havent actually been given an actual VIN

Secondly, It's true. You will have to wait "up to" a month from build date until you recieve...

Thats not right surely! People on here who got their VINs ages ago could check their cars before they were built. Plus my one has been built and I am not getting the detail! Either the prefix is different for our cars, or we havent actually been given an actual VIN

Secondly, It's true. You will have to wait "up to" a month from build date until you recieve...

We can look up our car on ETIS (we've had it a month) but some friends who had theirs from the same dealership just over a week ago still don't get a result on their registration number (and I know it's the correct number being entered). I don't know how soon ours went onto ETIS as I didn't learn about the site on here until we'd already had it for about 2 weeks... So it's not a consistently informative system, it seems...

the start of the vin will be different depending where and whit it was built.... im geussing u will just have to wait till they arrive!

WF0JXXGAJG9R08565 - What it should be!

But it says:

Unable to Locate Information for the Vehicle Data. We are sorry, but no information could be found for the VIN/Registration number you entered - WF0JXXGAJG9R08565. Click here to check and re-enter the information you supplied.

WFO means ford europe

J is 5 door (G is 3 door)

x

x these two are not used on cars

G is for Germany (location of factory)(W=spain)

A This is the factory ,within the country (A=cologne,P=Valencia)

J This is the model type (Fiesta)

J this is a check repeat of letter 4 in the sequence

9 this indicates built in 2009

R This is the month of build (may?)

08565 the 8,565th fiesta to be built at the indicated factory,in the month shown

Dave

WFO means ford europe

J is 5 door (G is 3 door)

x

x these two are not used on cars

G is for Germany (location of factory)(W=spain)

A This is the factory ,within the country (A=cologne,P=Valencia)

J This is the model type (Fiesta)

J this is a check repeat of letter 4 in the sequence

9 this indicates built in 2009

R This is the month of build (may?)

08565 the 8,565th fiesta to be built at the indicated factory,in the month shown

Dave

Dave, you are a diamond geezer!

I have just re-hashed my partial VIN that I got from my dealer with the information from your above post and it worked!!!! I was putting in the code for a 5 door when my one is a 3 door!

Thanks very much indeed, will now go through the spec in detail and give it a check!

Ta

Jon

PS The same will probably go for JAR, you just need to replace the J for a G!

Have you checked your VIN JAR? should work if you edit the code like I did.

So, mine should be WF0GXXGAJG9R08565??

is it WFO (the letter)?

or WF0 (the number)?

befor the VIN you got from the dealer put "WF0GXX" the "0" is a zero

WF0GXXGAJG9R08565

Still the same problem.. Can someone else try this and see what happens?

Jonny what is your entire number?

That really should have worked. Only thing I can think of is has your car been built yet?

maybe your VIN was copied off of the screen incorrectly? or maybe it has not yet been intput to the ETIS?

Yea, I have tried WF0GXXGAJG9R08565 but still nothing :S

You wont get a VIN untill your car has been fully built, in which i don't think it has yet. Just wait untill you know the car is at the dealership. Which will be about 2-3 weeks after its been built.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club