Do Not Sell My Personal Information

studio or zetec?

mitch84

hi

im fairly new to these forums but im finding most people on here seem to have either a zetec s or titanium , is there anyone on here that has the more standard specs like the studio or standard zetec ?

cheers

I have a Zetec, its not standard but has a few extras. :) What would you like to know?

I have a Zetec, its not standard but has a few extras. :) What would you like to know?

ambient lighting is this like a cortesy light that comes on with opening of doors and then goes out or is it on all the time when driving?

could i also ask what engine size you have and how you find it ?

cheers

I have the standard Zetec 1.25. The ambient lighting stays on all the time, the footwell lights and the roof light are courtesy lights. Personally I wanted a bigger engine or the Titanium but my budget wouldn't allow.

I have the 1.25. It is perfectly adequate for me, it has brilliant acceleration and I love it :-)

The ambient lighting stays on all the time when I am driving. You can turn it off if u want though.

Check out the differnence int he specification and see if the stuff you get extra on the Zetec is stuff that you really want. I would always say that you should buy the best you can afford and then make the decision about Zetec S or Titanium (as they are the same price) if and when you can afford that level

Isn't the studio the bog standard base model. Like the old encores use to be?

Yep it is the lowest model!

I have the standard Zetec 1.25. The ambient lighting stays on all the time, the footwell lights and the roof light are courtesy lights. Personally I wanted a bigger engine or the Titanium but my budget wouldn't allow.

where does the ambient lighting emit from ?

cheers

where does the ambient lighting emit from ?

cheers

It comes from the roof, glove box and centre consoles!

Would agree with Paul, check the specs to ensure they are what you want - I wouldn't say the ambient lighting is a deal maker, and would also say go with the best you can afford.

Would agree with Paul, check the specs to ensure they are what you want - I wouldn't say the ambient lighting is a deal maker, and would also say go with the best you can afford.

im happy with what im getting (zetec 1.4tdci) , i just wanted to see if there are any fellow zetec owners on here as all i could see was zetec s or titanium threads , has anyone got a 1.4tdci engine?

cheers

Hi Mitch,

I have a 1.4 petrol Zetec which is 95% the same inside as a titanium, but the USB port is a must have option if you love your music. The ambient lighting is a poor attempt by ford in my view as you can hardly see it at night. The 1.4 TDCI engine is very slow and has very little power (had this engine in a hire car while mine was in for work) so i would of picked a 1.6 TDCI engine if i was after one.

Hi Mitch,

I have a 1.4 petrol Zetec which is 95% the same inside as a titanium, but the USB port is a must have option if you love your music. The ambient lighting is a poor attempt by ford in my view as you can hardly see it at night. The 1.4 TDCI engine is very slow and has very little power (had this engine in a hire car while mine was in for work) so i would of picked a 1.6 TDCI engine if i was after one.

i hope its not to slow , if its more powerful than my citroen c2 1.1i i will be happy . surely it must be fairly quick for a tdi?

• 4 years later...

My grandad has a 2007 FIESTA 1.25 Studio 3dr in COLORADO RED,HE HAS HAD THAT FOR SIX YEARS.HE IS GETTING A CHRYSLER DELTA IN MAY,HE NEARLY BOUGHT A DACIA SANDERO 1.2 LAUREATE IN CINDER RED LAST WEEK, FOR £9199

im happy with what im getting (zetec 1.4tdci) , i just wanted to see if there are any fellow zetec owners on here as all i could see was zetec s or titanium threads , has anyone got a 1.4tdci engine?

cheers

1.6tdci 95ps MK7 fiesta here when I got it I was really disappointed in the power/torque it could give out. My brothers B-class MB with its 109BHP CDI engine is a lot faster and on paper my fiesta should be faster cause its a lot lighter but that is not the case in the real world. However I overcame my disappointment shortly when I got to a quiet narrow/twisty road its really nice car to drive and doesn't feel as slow when you're cornering :). Still the 1.4 tdci should be better than your 1.1l citroen. Well Im getting mine chip tuned anyhow to get more power and less consumption.

1.6tdci 95ps MK7 fiesta here when I got it I was really disappointed in the power/torque it could give out. My brothers B-class MB with its 109BHP CDI engine is a lot faster and on paper my fiesta should be faster cause its a lot lighter but that is not the case in the real world. However I overcame my disappointment shortly when I got to a quiet narrow/twisty road its really nice car to drive and doesn't feel as slow when you're cornering :). Still the 1.4 tdci should be better than your 1.1l citroen. Well Im getting mine chip tuned anyhow to get more power and less consumption.

Lol , I thought to check my notifications and see someone had quoted a post of mine , then checked and you quoted a 2009 post. :lol:

Good old Fiesta , moved on since then now have a Focus, still miss it though!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club