Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1995 Fiesta, locking problems...

DJG

Here's the problem. The locks and handles on my doors. I only have a key lol, no central locking! But i sometimes have to climb in the boot to open the door, cos sometimes the front door doesn't unlock. The handle on the inside gets stuck in, locked. It then won't open by using the key. This is why i have to use the boot to occasionally get in lol. Can anyone help? Or has anyone had any similar problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the problem. The locks and handles on my doors. I only have a key lol, no central locking! But i sometimes have to climb in the boot to open the door, cos sometimes the front door doesn't unlock. The handle on the inside gets stuck in, locked. It then won't open by using the key. This is why i have to use the boot to occasionally get in lol. Can anyone help? Or has anyone had any similar problems?

Haha i have simualar problems ive got a mk4 and i have to climb over the passengers side to get in but its not as dramatic as through the boot! haha

i had a similar problem with my 2000 fiesta. in the end it was a little corrosion on the locking mechanism itself. im not sure if its the same problem but if the key isn't turning at all, it could be that? a new lock isnt too expensive, the only downside is its a seperate key so ultimately u'll have one key for the door and one for the ignition! try taking the door panel off and having a look at the mechnism, might just need some wd40?? may not be the same problem but thought id put it out there!

Haha i have simualar problems ive got a mk4 and i have to climb over the passengers side to get in but its not as dramatic as through the boot! haha

:rolleyes:

Hello, My name is Roy and i had the same problem with my mk4 (1997) diesel van, both wouldn't unlock with the key but the locked O.K. I solved the problem by removing the door liner and removing the lock mechanism from within. you will see on the lock mechanism a slot where a nylon slider goes up and down, the nylon slider becomes slightly worn which means you have to get a new lock. To get around this i slightly squeezed the metal slot together making sure that the nylon slider could still go up and down but with a little resistance. I did this to both doors and have had no further trouble for the last six months.

I hope this helps. Regards Roy.

• 2 months later...
:rolleyes:

Hello, My name is Roy and i had the same problem with my mk4 (1997) diesel van, both wouldn't unlock with the key but the locked O.K. I solved the problem by removing the door liner and removing the lock mechanism from within. you will see on the lock mechanism a slot where a nylon slider goes up and down, the nylon slider becomes slightly worn which means you have to get a new lock. To get around this i slightly squeezed the metal slot together making sure that the nylon slider could still go up and down but with a little resistance. I did this to both doors and have had no further trouble for the last six months.

I hope this helps. Regards Roy.

SQUIT WD IN TO THE LOCK WHERE THE KEY GOES IN AND LET IT SOAK IN

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club