Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed! Focus Tdci X-Reg

Sherwood89

Hi

I am new to this forum as I only got my ford yesterday.

Upon startin my 70mile journey back home, the first 4times I put my foot right down, it puffed out black smoke. It hasnt done it since, but when I got home and stuck my head under the bonnet, I can hear something that sounds like air blowing/leaking.

Its a x-reg 1.8tdci estate.

Any help would be very helpful.

Ive added pics of the area i can hear hissing to see if any1 can see anything obvious

post-57432-0-00646100-1408385132_thumb.j

post-57432-0-93018400-1408385173_thumb.j

post-57432-0-75534100-1408385209_thumb.j

inspect the pipe posted on the first picture for cracks/splits.

hi

i would check the forst pipe for splits it sounds like the same problem ive just had with my mk 2 1.8 tdci

id get it delt with quick caus it could cause more expensive problems in the future :) :) :)

Cheers for the replies. Do you onow what that first hose pipe is called?

its the intake pipe, its the one on the top left side of the engine , with a 90 degree bend on it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-Mk1-1-8-TDDi-TDCi-HOSE-TUBE-PIPE-RUBBER-TURBO-INTERCOOLER-AIR-DUCT-/150900339772?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23225c743c

is it the same location as the arrow in picture 2?

Cheers.

Pic 1 is the left side of the engine, n pic 2 is the right side. Then the 3rd pic is right behind the bit on pic 1.

I couldnt see any obv split, bit can see underneath. Im not sure how its ment to look, but doesnt looked fixed right up to the egde.

The airvents inside the car make a funny noise when you turn them on, could this be connected?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club