Do Not Sell My Personal Information

08 1.6 Tdci None Starter

Tomleath

I ran out of fuel last week. Managed to fill it up with 7ltrs from a jerry can and filled up the fuel filter through where then sensor unit is on the top and cracked the HP and tow started it to bleed through the system. HP pipes on a small bump start and it started and drove 5 miles home through the rev range, car drove fine. Got home parked up went to start it the following morning and nothing, again bump started it and nothing, I then was able to turn it over on the key. Left the car running for 40mins turned it off and in the morning went to start and nothing any ideas??

Many thanks Tom

Hmm... it sounds like it's reluctant to start when it's cold. Does it turn over at all when cold, or does it do literally nothing at all?

It turns over and really wants to start. But nothing I've just removed the sensor on top of the fuel filter and the o-ring wasn't seated correctly. So going to try again and get some more fuel and some cleaner as I think I've sucked loads of rubbish through. I've checked the glow plus and rely and fuse and no blows. I thinking it's air I the system as it's not holding through the night but when I've had it started and gone bk 30 mins later it restarted in the key

Had this prob on my old 2.0 try getting a small syringe like the one that come with the ink refills for printers fill the filter full of diesel then charge the line with the syringe from where it connects to the pump it's the easiest way I,ve found .

It turns over and really wants to start. But nothing I've just removed the sensor on top of the fuel filter and the o-ring wasn't seated correctly. So going to try again and get some more fuel and some cleaner as I think I've sucked loads of rubbish through. I've checked the glow plus and rely and fuse and no blows. I thinking it's air I the system as it's not holding through the night but when I've had it started and gone bk 30 mins later it restarted in the key

Stick a new filter on. And use some good fuel like BP Ultimate diesel.

Going to give it ago later. If it fails I will get a new genuine fuel filter. Just don't understand why the car wouldn't start in the morning after it has started before.

Change the fuel filter, undo the injector nuts one by one and crank the engine.

This will get the air out and fuel running well.

Sometimes the bump start will do the trick but i had to do this on my 1.8tdci when i change the fuel filter, good luck.

ps get a rag or 12 so you dont make a mess

If you ran out and have only put 7 litres in then get some more fuel in it, will need bleeding again as you did and in theory it should be fine. But worth changing the fuel filter as it will have dragged any muck through from the tank.

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

It says I have 100miles on the trip. Like I said it ran fine and I drove it home and then wouldn't start both mornings. I've just undone the fuel filter and emptied it and it was full or gunk so going euro carp parts in abit for a new one. Used a small syringe to prime the line to injection pump and put some cleaner in for good measure. Put some more cleaner in the tank and primed the line back to the tank with cleaner and diesel. So fingers crossed.

Many thanks

tom

All sorted car started after bleeding the HP pipes too the hit and got a OEM filter but with the trade account at euro car parts was as much as the aftermarket one. I cannot believe how sensitive the fuel filtration system is in this focus

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club