Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St Stalling

firechief

I've got a 63 plate ST2.

I recently experienced stalling on approach to RABs, traffic lights or slowing down to a stop. And I've only covered 1600 miles from new. I thought it might be some carp fuel I'd put in. But I've looked on internet and found that it is a known problem here and in the US. I think it is only the MK3s that it occurs with.

So I contacted two Ford franchises to see if they knew about the problem or had fixed anyone with it. Low and behold, they'd never had ANYONE in with a current ST with that problem. Yet there is a Ford technical number for it and suppose a way of dealing with it.

Has anyone with a current ST had this problem, had it cured and if so what process was employed?

Cheers

Tony

Never heard of this and not experienced it myself

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Watch out for it. As you brake then dip the clutch, the revs drop below 1000 then cuts out. Not all the time but my rev counter seems to fluctuate too often.

It's booked in for Ford to have a look at. I'll post when I get the outcome. Just be aware. You might think its cut out because of the way you are driving. Not good, as I expected a top performance for this model.

This was on the Honest John Car review section for Focus STs. Current shape:

"11-8-2014: Some Fordicon1.png Focus ST seem to have a wiring fault (both in the UK and in the USA) and this leads to serious stalling issues. Reader bought a used 2013 Focus ST with 8k miles in April 2014. By May 2004 the car began to stall approaching roundabouts, showing engine warning light, "service now" and “hill start assist not available” messages and very irregular idling, at first intermittently, then getting worse and becoming diabolical. Dealer unable to replicate error code whilst on diagnostics, so investigated under Ford Technical Ref. FU14G020988, but dealer said Ford would not authorise repair work unless the error code showed. After first visit, they said it needed a week’s work, involving removal of dashboard and more. Car also suffers loss of power on overtake, economy has dropped from 32-34mpg to 26-28mpg. 3 'ST gauges' for turbo, oil temp and oil pressure also ceased working. FocusST.org gives a DIY cure from the USA which involves fixing a fault with part of the wiring loom that passes under the 'symposer' tube and claims to replicate the Ford technical fix."

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club