Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there a chatroom facility on here?

MichellefromEssex

title says it all really, other forums I go on there are bits so you can chat o/t without filling the board up. If not then those with facebook give me an add - PM for my details.

You can use gabbly on any site - just stick:

www.gabbly.com/fordownersclub.com into your browser and you'll get a site-specific chatroom.

You can install a plugin to the forum called Shoutbox. Got it installed on a forum i set up awhile ago and works great! Very simple to install.

You can use gabbly on any site - just stick:

www.gabbly.com/fordownersclub.com into your browser and you'll get a site-specific chatroom.

really? thats good to know - cheers x

Gah, I forgot the second www -

www.gabbly.com/www.fordownersclub.com

I'm in it if anyone wants to see how it works.

You can install a plugin to the forum called Shoutbox. Got it installed on a forum i set up awhile ago and works great! Very simple to install.

Would everyone need to install it, or does it just mean one person sets it up?

No shoutbox at the mo but may well be worth thinking about for the near future.

A lot of people i speak to find it more of a hinderance than help.

Gah, I forgot the second www -

www.gabbly.com/www.fordownersclub.com

I'm in it if anyone wants to see how it works.

I just had a quick go and it seems pretty straightforward, Wasn't anyone on though. :(

Do we all have to be on the same address? And does it let you browse through the forums as per normal?

If everyone has the same domain typed in, they'll all show up. I'll go in again now - Top Gear chat!

Yes, you can browse the site as normal with the gabbly window open.

Would everyone need to install it, or does it just mean one person sets it up?

Nah its just a plugin on the site and then you just use it like an online msn or whatever :) no pop ups or anything just sits above the main body of the site.

Edit: only problem is that it sites at the main page of the forum, so dont think you could get separate shoutboxes for just Fiesta, would have to share over the whole site.

Added the above links to my facebook :)

Heres my Facebook - Add me if you wish

Nah its just a plugin on the site and then you just use it like an online msn or whatever :) no pop ups or anything just sits above the main body of the site.

Edit: only problem is that it sites at the main page of the forum, so dont think you could get separate shoutboxes for just Fiesta, would have to share over the whole site.

Couldn't we just enter the domain of the fiesta subforum into the gabbly thing?

Like: http://www.gabbly.com/www.fordownersclub.c...php?showforum=1 ?

It looks like it should work.

[EDIT] It does work! Just been chatting to mark m.k and until shoutbox is incorporated into the forums, this is as good a place as any for idle chit chat.

The link again: Gabbly Fiesta chat box

Just went into the chat thing, how do I change my name it kept saying I was gabba240!!! how will I know how I am talking too?

Just went into the chat thing, how do I change my name it kept saying I was gabba240!!! how will I know how I am talking too?

In the little box just above your text window, just type in your name then click the icon next to it and it should change your nickname.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club