Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steve67

sqealing noise

3 posts in this topic

hello, i have a 51 plate tddi focus, on start up first thing in the morning i have a small squealing noise from the engine that lasts for about 2-3mins and then disappears. any ideas? it's only in the morning!!!!

hello, i have a 51 plate tddi focus, on start up first thing in the morning i have a small squealing noise from the engine that lasts for about 2-3mins and then disappears. any ideas? it's only in the morning!!!!

Auxiliary belt, probably. Its a common complaint. Its a flat belt and when its worn, it can slip against the pulleys causing a squeak.

You can get some stuff to spray onto the belt to give it better adhesion, or you can replace the belt - better done at a garage cos I gather its not the easiest of maintenance jobs, plus the belt needs to be the right tension after refitting.

Auxiliary belt, probably. Its a common complaint. Its a flat belt and when its worn, it can slip against the pulleys causing a squeak.

You can get some stuff to spray onto the belt to give it better adhesion, or you can replace the belt - better done at a garage cos I gather its not the easiest of maintenance jobs, plus the belt needs to be the right tension after refitting.

thanks for that, the car is in for a major service next week , i'll get them to take a look.