Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St Or Mondeo St????

Damon Cook

Hey guys looking for info on both the focus ST and the mondeo ST on which to buy looking for peoples opinion who have owned the cars in question any and all opinions welcomed guys

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I would maybe be a little biased as I've only owned the Focus but I would say the Focus due to that wonderful turbocharged 5 cylinder engine! ;)

It would be the mk2 focus as the mk1 i have is to small for me and i dont get a comfortable driving position

Even though i do like my mk1 and would love the mk1 ST

It's the MK2 I had (actually a MK2.5 faclift) and it was an awesome car!

post-45890-0-70273100-1409912845_thumb.j

My main problem is leg room in the foot well im. 6ft tall and the seats cant seem to get comfortable

Cheers I was gutted to see it go. I've had a mk1 in the past too they're really good cars. I'm also 6ft and they ST was fine for me :)

Awesome think the only thing that might make the difference is fuel economy and road tax but if had the mondeo it would be diesel and the government is going to start charging diesel cats when they go through a town like a congestion charge in London so what id gain going diesel i might lose anyway

Yeah they're not great on fuel to be honest but that's not why you buy one. I used to get 22-24 around town and 30-32 on a run. Less if you drive "spiritedly" ;)

Tax isn't too bad at £285 per year currently.

Cool i gotta admit id rather go focus my 1.8 tdci sucks not got the power down low gears once its goin its not bad but im a petrol head at heart and i want the power and the fun before i settle down

Take one of each for a test drive, then go for the one which drives and handles great with a nice growl from the motor and revs past 5K rpm :P

ST220 is the one to go for, V6 3 litre beast. I loved mine but you have to accept the mpg is gonna hurt, I got about 23 most of the time but what a great car probably the most comfortable I've ever had and absolutely huge boot. Once drove all the way to Eindohven in it and got out fresh as I got in.

Good advice and i will im just hoping for some info from owners something you wont get from test drive inside info

Awesome thanks phil not many of those around i was steering towards the 2.2 diesel st mondeo but i will consider the petrol if i find a good one i must admit they do look rly comfy and rammed full of extras

Hi guys anyone know how much it is to tax a focus st mk2

Thanks mate just wondering ive heard there changing the tax on the cars soon

They're getting rid of tax discs in October, that's all. We'll still have to pay it but we won't have to put a disc in the window :)

The new eu emissions regs euro 6 thats coming in dont want it goin through the roof

Not owned a mondo st only a focus st, but I'd say focus st.

Mondo is nice but starting to date a little. Focus st was a Newer design and chassis is probably better. Same engine, again probably slightly more refined than when in the mondo st.

Mondo would only win on price and if you needed space for kids in my opinion

I just want a little more driving room than my focus Mk1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club