Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hidden Usb Port St180

tomo89

Hi guys

Does anyone know if there is a hidden USB port behind the glovebox on the st180 ?

If you pull the glove box lid down, you should see a unit for the bluetooth, on this is an insured micro USB slot that can be used to charge a phone, iPod etc using a microsub to USB adapter.

I've not done it myself but have read a thread about it on STOC, will,try and find it and post on here if ok .

Yeah you do :/ try copy text and pics onto here for us mate

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

For anyone that's still interested in this:

Under the glove box, you need to remove the black pins then you'll reveal the module. Turn it round to see this:

Then add your adaptor

Then add the correct wire and replace everything!

Thanks mate have you done this ? If so is it easy to get to

Not done it myself, getting to the unit should be easy though as it is in a similar place to the fusebox, so should be, pull glove box open and release some clips in the corner to allow the lid to drop down. Should be instructions in the manual on how to get to the fusebox.

What are you wanting to use it for?

This could be useful for connecting a dash cam without having to mess with the fuse box. I might have a go at some point if it's not too hard to remove trim and route a cable down there.

Edit: but only if supplies power only when the ignition is on like the front 12V socket, anyone know if this is the case?

Not done it myself, getting to the unit should be easy though as it is in a similar place to the fusebox, so should be, pull glove box open and release some clips in the corner to allow the lid to drop down. Should be instructions in the manual on how to get to the fusebox.

What are you wanting to use it for?

To put music on mem stick and put it in there out of way

To put music on mem stick and put it in there out of way

That's a good idea, but wouldn't it be just as good to put a tiny usb stick in the one next to the 12V adapter (that's what I did), unless you want to use that one for charging your phone?

Not sure if it's on the same system as the audio, I think it's ok for charging though. Someone did post on here a 64g memory stick the when plugged in only sticks out a couple of mm.

Anyone know if this is the same for the focus zetec S?

Not sure if it's on the same system as the audio, I think it's ok for charging though. Someone did post on here a 64g memory stick the when plugged in only sticks out a couple of mm.

So could use this hidden one for charging the phone and put a micro USB flash drive like the one below in the one by the gear stick

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2780012.htm

I just ordered this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360752182787

So will have a go with this hidden port and find out if it is only on with the ignition (I hope so).

Let me know Phil as this will answer the same problem I was having about installing a hard wired dash cam :)

Let me know Phil as this will answer the same problem I was having about installing a hard wired dash cam :)

I have a blackvue 650'dash cam which I am going to hardwire in at the weekend.

I will be using 2 of these to connect to the fusebox

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321088780930

Which will then connect to this which the lead for the dashcam plugs into

http://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php/online-shop/blackvue-accessories/power-magic-electric-power-controller-detail

Or you could connect 1 fuse holder to one of these

http://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php/online-shop/blackvue-accessories/hard-wiring-kit-detail

• Like 1

Well me and my dad Philf1 have looked on his St and can't locate this port could someone give pictures or more description on where it is as its like finding a needle in haystack behind that glovebox ha

Hi guys

Does anyone know if there is a hidden USB port behind the glovebox on the st180 ?

pick up my st3 in white on friday, I`m like a kid in a sweet shop

pick up my st3 in white on friday, I`m like a kid in a sweet shop

That's what I have ordered mine is about 3 weeks till I pick up im excited too

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club