Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Both Headlights Failed

Grinning Grandad

I'm not having much luck with my car at the moment.

Got into my car at 9:30 at night (after the horrors of a IKEA shopping trip) and turned on my lights only for the neither of my headlights to turn on. The sidelights came on and the full beam worked in flash mode (but wouldn't stay on though I read later in the handbook that they wouldn't stay on if the headlights weren't in operation). I managed to get home by driving along well lit roads and appropriate use of front fogs and full beam.

I drove to work in the light the next morning and checked the fuses, had the relay checked and checked the bulbs and all seemed ok, Someone at work who likes messing with cars came to have look and came to the conclusion it may be the switch itself. Whilst messing with the switch he accidently initialised 'Home Safe' - I didn't know this existed or what it was but saw it flash up on my dashboard. As we locked the car up on the way to call an auto-electrician we noticed the headlights were on, so went back in and tried all the lights and everything was working ok.

I then looked up Home Safe and realised the headlights may have only come on because Home Safe but when I tried again 10 minutes later everything was still working fine.

In a way it's slightly concerning that there was no definitive answer to how I got them to work but initialising the home safe seemed to clear the fault.for now. Is it worth still contacting an auto-electrican even though there is no problem at the moment or shall I put it down to 'one of those things'

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club