Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Issue... Can't Delete Phone

nathanrichardsr

Sync in my Fez (2014 ZS) is refusing to delete my phone. I go to the devices screen, click delete, confirm with yes and the phone is still there. Doesn't seem to matter if my phone has bluetooth on, off, phone on/off it just doesn't want to let go!

Phone is HTC One M8 on Andriod 4.4.3. I can play media through Sync but can't use any phone functionality. Was hoping I could delete the phone and re-pair to try and get it started from fresh.

Any ideas?

Is there a fuse I could reset the whole thing with? Would this need a code when connected again, like when you take battery out on an older car?

There is a reset option listed in the menu somewhere which might help? If you do take the battery off there's no code needed.

Tried the master reset, still didnt delete the phone. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Video showing the issue http://youtu.be/OWOjK57M7oI

I May book it in with Ford. I have seen that another guy on here has a more up to date version of Sync which displays track info via bluetooth which would be nice.

pull fuse 24 (red 10 amp) for a few seconds, then re insert,

works everytime B)

works everytime B)

Worked prefectly, many thanks Clarky! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/2/2014 at 3:37 PM, Clarky2013 said:

works everytime B)

Don't know if you will see this but massive thanks for your solution! Worked a treat with girlfriends Samsung a70 disconnecting constantly with 2014 Ford Fiesta sync. Prior we had tried resets, master resets, deleting phones and other connected devices except her phone wouldn't delete. Showed a little star on the car display by her phone.

Pulled fuse 24 (10amp) and put back in, et voilà all working again, phone book downloaded etc 😎👌👍

Cheers

Daz n Peg, Leicester! 

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2014 at 3:37 PM, Clarky2013 said:

works everytime B)

On 4/3/2020 at 12:26 PM, Coffeeguy66! said:

Don't know if you will see this but massive thanks for your solution! Worked a treat with girlfriends Samsung a70 disconnecting constantly with 2014 Ford Fiesta sync. Prior we had tried resets, master resets, deleting phones and other connected devices except her phone wouldn't delete. Showed a little star on the car display by her phone.

Pulled fuse 24 (10amp) and put back in, et voilà all working again, phone book downloaded etc 😎👌👍

Cheers

Daz n Peg, Leicester! 

If this fuse is pulled do you need the code for the radio to use the stereo again like you would if you disconnected the car battery

• 3 months later...

Hi I’m having the exact same issue on my Ford Focus 2013 sync, the fuse 24 isn’t used in the focuses , does any one know a similar solution ? Thanks 

On 7/25/2021 at 2:21 PM, GHoran10 said:

Hi I’m having the exact same issue on my Ford Focus 2013 sync, the fuse 24 isn’t used in the focuses , does any one know a similar solution ? Thanks 

Look in your manual for the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box image, & locate from the table which fuse is for sync/bluetooth. That's how I worked out which fuse was No24 in my Fiesta. Has worked a treat! Thanks to whoever posted it. Have been googling for days trying to find the answer.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club