Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Howling

scoot600

Hi there

I have a problem in that when I pull away I get a howling sound. It's not the engine, as it doesn't make the sound when I rev the engine.

Could it be a build up of brake dust in the rear drums? I had a full ford service done about 2000 miles ago. Should they have cleaned the drums out under the service schedule?

Might be the thrust bearings in the clutch.

My mums car does it...

Have you tried doing a hill start to see if it is worse?

Can you pinpoint what area the noise is coming from?

its the boot if you let the mrs out it will stop :) :P

• Like 2

The noise seems to be coming from the rear passenger side

sounds like a rear wheel bearing if it only happens when moving you can jack the rear up with the handbrake off and make sure the rear wheel isnt stiff to move from over adjusted brakes ford missed my wheel bearing 3 times saying there was no movement in the wheel when it was done eventually the bearing was totally shot

it seems to be the noise is coming from the clutch, as the noise goes when I depress the clutch pedal

Is it a fault that needs seeing to in the near future or is it one of those things to live with

Does sound like thrust bearing then.

Don't know if it really does any damage though...

I would just monitor it and see how it goes. Ultimately a whine from the clutch release bearing is only going to get worse over time but I wouldn't be in an urgent hurry to have it sorted unless it's pretty bad.

Dunno look at mine it just suddenly went taking the clutch out at the same time if it starts slipping or you see oil drip from the bell housing get it done

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club