Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Surging On Start Up

supercmaxer

For a few weeks the car has been surging on start up, sometimes it take 2 turns of the key to start.

When I turn the key the first time it turns over, starts but the revs are struggling to rise however after about a second or two it idles all ok.

So far I have changed the tempeture sensor, the IAT sensor with no clearer on what the problem is.

Cleaned the MAF sensor, cleaned the turbo sensor, I have taken of the anti shudder valve and cleaned that but how do I know it's working correctly??

Oh and I had the glow plugs changed begin of the year. Not yet checked the glow plug relay.

When was the fuel filter last replaced? I am thinking it might need replacing.

• Like 1

Last year, the manual says every 3 years, I've seen a video showing the exact problem on you tube. Look up starting problem ford focus 2.0tdci to get a better picture of what I'm having it may shed more light on it. The comments made were to change the throttle body.

Throttle body is one thing but you could clean it rather than replace it I believe

Lol, I can assure you it's clean, used a toothbrush with EGR cleaner. It's brand new well close as lol.

I've sanded inside the main body to stop it sticking but still sticks.

I think there is a pipe or small hose missing from underneath the pressure sensor but can't find a decent picture to confirm this.

That's the breather hose I believe and if that's missing it would not surprise me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club