Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Cleaning Items....best One's.......

jace1969

What are the best items to get as im cleaning old stuff out and in with the new.

1..wash wax what you put into your water.

2..final finish wax

also inside

3..leather seat cleaner/protection but don't want it slippy.

Thanks

Until very recently, my car cleaning routine consisted of some ancient Wash & Wax (I think it was about 20 years old lol - still worked fine!!)

I then got the Halfords discount card and Autoglym products were (are?) 3-for-2...it seemed rude not to lol

I don't bother too much with shampoo, any old stuff seems to do! Tried cheap non-brands right through to Autoglym, Merr etc. Though don't don't get one with wax in it if you want to put wax on top.

Personally I then do a light polish with Autoglym SRP (Super resin polish). It's more of a filler than a cutting polish though, so need something stronger for deep scratches.

Then for the wax, again I've tried various ones, but the best one I've used at a decent price so far is Poorboys Nattys Paste wax. Can't get it in Halfords though, online only.

When you've gone to all that effort, be rude not to black the tyres lol, Meg's Endurance Tyre Gel is best for that I find.

Not sure on the leather cleaner, I've yet to use any myself lol.

I have some old turtle wax zip stuff,had for about the same ( 20 years) in a 3 litre tub.

Same again i have some old turtle wax color magic stuff that did good for scratches but its silver and i

have dark blue car now,also the wax polish for silver cars.

The zip wax leaves a nice shine after a leather off but thinking of a new set up.

Get a Woolly Mammoth dry cloth, it holds 3 litres of water and makes it much less a chore, best thing I ever bought for cleaming a car.

Wookie Mitts are great for the washing part, and then just Demon Shine shampoo, Super resin polish, Carplan leather cleaner ( makes it nice and supple ) and glass cleaner and a bit of rainx for afters.

Wheels get the purple wonderwheels, it's about £10 a bottle and doesn't last long but by far the best for cleaning wheels I have used, use gloves too with it ( H&S Guy here ) stings like a !Removed! if you got any cuts or scratches.

An alternative to the Wooly Mammoth is

Kent Q6100 Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel

At £3.48 on Amazon it is a bargain - dries off the whole car without once having to wring out

Are these better than a leather,seen them on eBay 'full sheepskin 100% oiled' or something.

And demon shine shampoo and a good resin based polish,i think i have some autoglym somewhere.

Carplan leather cleaner,thats an old make but good stuff you say.

Leathers can scratch the paintwork over time, no pro valets use them anymore.

Is any mitt ok to wash the car as i always use the old sponge,looked on eBay and there are so many.

To polish i always use a mitt but its the asda one lol.

quite a good one, Halfrauds do a blue one, looks like it has little dreadlocks, about £5-6, works fine and was easy to clean, never actually got dirty when I used it about 20 odd times.

I just chuck my mitt/drying towel/microfibres in the washing machine with clothes afterwards lol...

I use g3 products, resin super wax and also maguries products.

Maguries have a 3 stage polish which is ok bit a bit long winded to wax on then off then put on the stage two them the stage 3.

I also use rainex for the windows great stuff. Usually don't have to use my wipers as the rain just runs off

Just looking at a mitt in place of a sponge and don't know about a micro cloth as some say or a sheepskin leather.

Some leathers on eBay around £10 and the link for the mitt's on here to wash it.

I have my old zip wax that i put into the water but i do like maguries or autoglym stuff.

Got myself a sheepskin leather to fall back on and one of those micro cloths.

Got a bottle of autoglym super resin polish.

Also found 4 sheep wool mitts in the shed,its amazing what you can find behind stuff.

Only shampoo and seat leather stuff.

An alternative to the Wooly Mammoth is

Kent Q6100 Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel

At £3.48 on Amazon it is a bargain - dries off the whole car without once having to wring out

used this the other day, brilliant !

I used to shampoo the car, and then use a silicone blade and then chamois the car

now I shampoo the car, use the Kent Noodle mitt instead of the sponge and I then get straight onto the Kent drying towel

Got me some mitts and a kent towl to dry it.

Also got some meguiar's gold leather cleaner/conditioner,its amazing stuff.

No white patches and looks so fresh and clean.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club