Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 Led Display Staying On After Car Is Locked?

Gray J

Have noticed the led display on dash stays on after vehicle is locked, is this normal or do I need to worry? I have an 08 reg focus, 1.8 petrol zetec climate.

It went off after about 15 minutes, went back out to check say 10 minutes later & light is on again?!

Have you added anything electrical? I had the same problem. I fitted a amp and wired the blue remote lead up to the remote lead on the head unit ( well I thought I did) the same light went out and came back on again and stayed on causing the battery to drain. I went and brought a fuse box as I thought it was faulty, I them brought a new cluster as I also thought that it was faulty but nope.

I took out the amp and checked all my wiring and with a volt meter I tested the leads on the back of the head unit and noticed that the remote lead was producing 5v when the ignition was turned off. It turned out that I wired the remote lead to the remote electric Ariel causing the dash light to stay awake.

Haven't done anything to the car, that's what is annoying about it, nothing obvious to check first, read on different forums about it and there is loads of possibilities... Unfortunately!

Yes, it could be anything as I found out. Try checking all the connections on the fuse box both inside and engine bay.

No need to its normal the display will go off but the ecu is still powered up it means that the display will come on again as it powers down this takes up to 40 minutes.the light did go off as it does most people would never notice and on the mk2.5 the time its lit was reduced due to complaints if most owners were to stand and watch theyll find there display briefly comes back on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club