Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation!

Mental_Atom

Possibly a stupid question...

It was very cold today, and as such both times I've got in the car this evening I've had condensation on the inside of the windows that was a pain to shift... Is this normal? The cars only 2 weeks old so if not I'll swing by my local dealer tomorrow and have a moan :D

It's because of the weather, just put your AC on and it will take the moisture out of the air.

It's because of the weather, just put your AC on and it will take the moisture out of the air.

Ah okay, thanks again you always seem to be helping me out recently :P

Just showing off how little I know about cars...

Clears in no time with the ac on. I usually put the heated screen on too. My first car with a heated front screen, hoping it will make winter a little bit easier

• Like 1

I've noticed this in mine too, my BMW I had before rarely had any condensation on the inside. I was beginning to worry I had a leak somewhere but if everyone else has the same problem too it must be normal lol

Mmm, mine's the same, only left it for an hour earlier and the inside of the screen was soaked - have to use the heated screen and air con every time

If you have wet clothes or just a little bit of rain hits you when you enter a car the heat from you evaporates the water and it goes into Windows aswell remember this lol a use the max button till heats up then just use ac aswell

Ive noticed my car mists up a lot also on the inside of the windscreen. The other windows are always clear.

Cars parked near me are clear and mine is misted/white inside. Very annoying.

Give all the windows a really good clean. Also sounds like you have moisture trapped in the car somewhere.

If you can find anywhere flogging the big bag of grit salt - stick that in a bucket in the car. The longer you cam leave it there the better. If you can leave it in the day, then do so.

Might also be worth checking door seal for any signs of water ingress. My old Punto was a horror for misting up - turns out the moisture source was damp air wafting through the vents. Temp dial set to hot, set to re-circulate (mechanical not electrical like the Focus) and all vents shut.

Silica gel packets that you get with trainers etc would be better than a bucket of salt imo lol

What tends to make it worse is having debris in the scuttle panel, gave mine a good clean out of the weekend and wasn't bad at all this morning, saying that, my old 10 year old Clio with 80k on the clock never ever ever misted up, poor show by Fraud yet again.

Mine seem nice and dry inside, no damp, all door seals look new like they should on a 7/8 month old car.

Like I say is just the inside of the front windscreen on mine. It does clear quickly but will give it another clean and see how it goes. Otherwise im going to take it to the garage as its not right imo.

Yeah I've had nothing on mine again the past couple of days, I'll keep an eye on it...

mine is awful for condensation on every window, but i cant find any leaks. for the past week have to have ac on every time i use it.

The thing im not looking forward to is when we start to get cold frosty nights and the possibility of it freezing on the inside. Wont be fun.

Silica gel packets that you get with trainers etc would be better than a bucket of salt imo lol

What tends to make it worse is having debris in the scuttle panel, gave mine a good clean out of the weekend and wasn't bad at all this morning, saying that, my old 10 year old Clio with 80k on the clock never ever ever misted up, poor show by Fraud yet again.

Those silica packets are far too small to be of use. The salt can also be used in winter for its de-icing properties.

Asda sell 'Damp Traps', I bung two or three in my previous cars, they absorb moisture in the air. Problem is, getting in the car while wet brings the problem straight back. But the damp traps do help a bit.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Those pots aren't bad, and granted more easily stuffed in the car - tbe only problem is that they require a good flow of air to work properly. I've used them in a kitchen to little effect, but the bucket of salt was really good

Those pots aren't bad, and granted more easily stuffed in the car - tbe only problem is that they require a good flow of air to work properly. I've used them in a kitchen to little effect, but the bucket of salt was really good

Surely having a bucket of salt in your car isn't exactly convenient though lol

Isn't that what passengers are for? Surely they need to earn their riding priveleges? :p

Isn't that what passengers are for? Surely they need to earn their riding priveleges? :p

"Can I have a ride?"

"Yes, but only if you hold this bucket of road salt"

"Can I have a ride?"

"Yes, but only if you hold this bucket of road salt"

Exactly!!

NOW whose ideas are silly? :D

Exactly!!

NOW whose ideas are silly? :D

Seems fair enough to me. I leveraged giving someone a lift to get out of vacuuming earlier :D

I used to get condensation but leaving salt in a tub over night stops it also if car is heated over 21℃ if you open window a little when hot It takes moisture air out aswell but doesn't do as good as salt

• Like 2

ive read that if you put cat litter into a pair of tights and place it under your seats if will reduce the condensation.

I used to get condensation but leaving salt in a tub over night stops it also if car is heated over 21℃ if you open window a little when hot It takes moisture air out aswell but doesn't do as good as salt

Hi I saw your post and was interested, sorry If I seem stupid but do you just leave it in like a lunch box type container with lid off? How much salt? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club