Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy Mk2 Power Problems

DazoUK

I have a ford galaxy mk2 51 plate petrol 2.3 car and we recently had to replace the fuse box next to the battery with a brand new one and that has also stated to melt we learnd that the wire loom in the hatch back that may be the problem as it was all broken and the earth wir was snaped I have replaced with a second hand but good condition wire loom at the back the installation went good and was no problems with it after but the box is starting to melt again at the top wire witch if im correct its for the altinator fuse the altinator is working fine as the results you will see at the end of this post but I may of found the problem the fuse box starts to melt wen both front and back heated screens are activated I looked in the manual at the fuse settings and I found that the rong fuse was incerted in the heated screen fuse it was a higher ampage than it should be so I put the original sized one in now I have ran some tests and I feel that the fuse box might need replacing and a new battery might have to be obtaind if you have knolage of this problem and can give me some pointers please do so

Testa are

battery terminal without the car on was 12.49v

ignition on with stereo (as it comes on auto) 12.28v

ignition stereo,lights and fogs on 11.81v

engine on with stereo 13.94v

engine on with lights, stereo, fogs 13.81v

engine on with lights, stereo, fogs front and back heated screens 11.79v

now if im not mistaken shouldn't with th engine on still be able to power all that is on and still hold a charge?? please any incite on this and how I can stop the fuse box from melting and cosing me a fortune to replace thanks in advance

when you replaced the fuse box did you also replace the main cable to it?

ive pm'd you.

no I didn't what power cable you onabout the top wire that connects to it if so how do I remove and wear is it connected to I will replace it if I need to no problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club